- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Architecture-based Model of High Availability of Railway Control Systems
열차제어시스템의 아키텍처 기반 고가용도 모델 적용에 관한 연구
- Received : 2010.05.18
- Accepted : 2011.01.30
- Published : 2011.04.26
This work describes an availability model of highly available systems to achieve Five-9's availability. Modern railway systems have raised users' expectations of powerful "always on" services. The crucial characteristics of these highly available services are essential to many modern businesses area, such as telecommunications, railway systems, information operations, Web-based businesses, and so on. The architecture-based model of system availability is useful to assess the feasibility of meeting a high availability target. The Markov model approach is straightforward for relative system engineers to adapt when they model highly available system failure and the failure recovery process. This work proposed the improved availability model through UML2.0. It is shown that the architecture-based model of system availability is a good reasonable by its application of the railway systems.
- Eric Bauer, Xuemei Zhang, Douglas A. Kimber (2009) Practical System Reliability, IEEE.
- K.-R. Chung (2006) A Design Process Based on System Engineering and Its Development Strategy to High Speed Rolling Stock, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 9(4), pp. 18-25.
- DoD (1998) "MIL-HDBK-338B", pp. 5-70-5-87.
- EN50126 (1999) The European Standard, Railway applications The specification and demonstration of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety, pp. 60-61.
- IEC62278 (2002) Railway applications-The specification and demonstration of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety(RAMS).
- DoD (2009) "Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Cost Rationale Report Manual", pp. 5-70-5-87.
- TL 9000 Quality Measurement System, Measurements Handbook, Release 4.0 (2006), QuEST Forum.
- I.-S. Chung, K.-W. Lee (2008) Study on Setting up the Quantitative RAM Goals for Rolling Stocks, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(6), pp. 390-397.
- Y.-J. Seo, H.-K. Yang (2008) "Service Availability of the Urban Maglev System in Korea", Maglev 2008, San Diego CA, USA.
- Telcordia Technologies (2006) Reliability Prediction Procedure for Electronic Equipment Issue 2, Special Report SR-332.
- K.-W. Lee, I.-S. Chung (2007) Reliability Allocation Model for KTX-II High Speed Train, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 10(3), pp. 319-326.
- S.-C. Suh, J.-W. Lee (2009) Reliability Analysis for Train Control System by Software Fault Tolerance Techniques, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(6), pp. 1043-1048.
- D.-O Shin, J.-H. Lee (2006) A Study on the Reliability Demonstration for Korea High Speed Train Control System, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 9(4), pp.419-424.
- IEEE STD 610.12 as extended in the C4ISR AF v.2.0.