- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Stress Reduction Methods of GFRP/Mg Single Lap Bonded Joints : Finite Element Analysis
GFRP/Mg 단일겹치기 접착 체결부의 응력집중 저감에 관한 연구 : 유한요소해석
- Received : 2010.11.26
- Accepted : 2011.03.11
- Published : 2011.04.26
In this study, the stress reduction effect was evaluated for GFRP/Mg single lap bonded joints according to six different adherend shapes. Six different types of the single lap joint specimen were modeled and assessed using geometrically nonlinear finite element analysis. Moreover, three dimensional effect of stress distribution for the different adherend shapes was investigated. From the analysis, the dissimilar single lap bonded joint with the normal tapering and without the spew fillet (model 2) showed the highest stress values. In contrast, the peel stress values of both the square ended adherends with the spew fillet (model 3) and the reverse tapered adherends with the spew fillet (model 5) were 65.8% and 65.5% lower than the reference model.
- M. White (1998) On the time-reversed electromagnetic waves, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, 7(4), pp. 13-15.
- P. Mai, Y. Lu (2006) Dynamic modeling for a rolling coin, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 48(6), pp. 753-780.
- A.Y.T. Leung, X. Guo, X.Q. He, S. Kitipornchai, S. (2004) A continuum model for zigzag carbon nanotubes, Applied Physics Letters, 86(3), pp. 551-561.
- H. Kim, C.H. Park, K.H. Law, C.R. Farrar, et al. (2005) Damage detection in composite plates by using the time reversal method, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 10(3), pp. 141-151.
- I.A. Viktorov (1967) Rayleigh and Lamb Waves in Plates: Theory and Applications, Plenum Press, NY, pp. 442-443.
- H.M. Ashley (2008) Vibration of circular plates, PhD Thesis, Stanford University.
- V. Rose, L. Bao (2007) Vibration of the plate with a hole, Proceedings of the 25th ASCE International Civil Engineering Congress, New Orleans, LA, pp. 47-52.
- T.W. Steele (2001) Electrical properties of ceramics, University of Southampton, ISVR Memorandum ISAV 101.
- M. Petyt (2005) Measurement process of plate vibration, U.S. Patent No. 2,043,416.