- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Development of Flexible Pad for High Speed Train Disk Brake
고속철도 디스크 브레이크의 유연 패드 개발에 대한 연구
- 이민규 (인하대학교 공과대학 기계공학과) ;
- 김주용 (인하대학교 공과대학 기계공학과) ;
- 김재민 (인하대학교 공과대학 기계공학과) ;
- 양영민 (인하대학교 공과대학 기계공학과) ;
- 김상호 ((주)다윈프릭션) ;
- 조종두 (인하대학교 공과대학 기계공학과)
- Received : 2010.12.30
- Accepted : 2011.03.25
- Published : 2011.04.26
This paper investigates the structural stability and reliability on improving performance of flexible brake pad used in high speed train. To this end, an improved model of flexible pad was obtained through structural analysis. Brake pad specimens were subjected to modal, stroke and endurance tests to examine the dynamic characteristics and mechanical stability. The hot spot generation with increasing rotational speed was observed on chassis dynamometer equipment and then the structurally uniform contact between the disc and pad was achieved. The temperature distribution of flexible pad was measured using the infrared camcorder. Hence, the proposed flexible pad showed the better structural stability and thermal energy emission.
Supported by : (주)다윈프릭션
- R. Limpert (1992) Brake Design and Safety, Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., Warrendale, PA.
- T. Zeuner (1998) MMCs, an Alternative Material for Railway Car Braking System, Materials World, 6(1), pp. 17-19.
- S. Kim, H. Lee (2009) Study of Tribological Characteristics Between Metallic Friction Materials and Brake Disc, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(1), pp. 72-80.
- S. Kim, H. Lee (2007) Tribological Characteristics of Brake Disc for Train, Journal of Korean Society of Tribologists & Lubrication Engineers, 23(1), pp. 19-28.
- S. Panier, P. Dufrenoy, D. Weichert (2004) An Experimental investigation of hot spots in railway disc brakes, Wear, 256(7- 8), pp. 764-773. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(03)00459-9
- H. Cho, C. Cho, M. Kim (2006) The Origin and Effect of Hot Spot Phenomena on Judder Vibration in Automotive Disk Brake, Transactions of KSNVE, 16(8), pp. 886-892. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2006.16.8.886
- H. Cho, M. Kim, C. Cho (2007) A Study of Frictional Contact Vibration Influence on Hot Spot in Automotive Disk Brake, Transaction of KSAE, 15(1), pp. 154-161.
- S. Joo, Y. Kwon, H. Kim (2009) A Study on the Fatigue Damage of a Railway Disc Brake Surface Due to Thermal Stress During Braking Using FEM Analysis, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(2), pp. 212-218.
- BECORIT GMBH (2002) Brake lining for the disk brake of a vehicle, EP1167806.
- Knorr Bremese SFS (2003) Brake lining for the disk brake of a vehicle, US 2005/0173210 A1.