- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study of Rail Heritage Conservation System between Korea and Japan
한국 및 일본의 철도문화유산 보존제도 비교연구
- Received : 2010.12.27
- Accepted : 2011.03.15
- Published : 2011.04.26
This study have been reviewed Korea's railway system and railway cultural heritage status and suggested several solutions as a recognition of the importance of cultural property and development of the railway train had developed. Through the analysis of Japan's excellent conditions of a conservation and management of cultural heritage railway system, we would like to offer a direction of Korea's future heritage railway system. There were many changes during the time of a government owned railroad and the time after privatization in Japan by starting from administrating a systematic cultural railway at an institution that directly operates and constructs the railway train, which would be the point Korea need to approach considerately. Therefore, in this study, we would like to compare and analyse cultural heritage railway system between Japan and Korea and propose advanced solution for Korea's preservation of the Railway Heritage in the future.
- Y.S. Lee (2009) A Historical Review of Socio-economic Changes of Railroad, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(5), pp. 782-787.
- J. Song (2009) Development Plan of Korea's Intangible Cultural Assets, PhD Thesis, Korea University.
- O.J. Choi (2009) The direction of administration and preservation policy of cultural properties toward the reunification of korea, PhD Thesis, Honam University.
- H.J. Lee (2010) A Study on the Revitalization of Railway Station Water Tower, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(4), pp. 357-362.
- E.H. Ha (2008) A Study on The Conservation of Korea's Modern Cultural Heritage Steam Locomotive at Jangdan Station on Gyeongeui Line, Master Thesis, Kyonggi University.
- J.E. Jang (2010) Reuse of Industrial Heritage relate to abandoned Railroad Transportation, Master Thesis, Kyungsung University
- T.H. Miyake (2009) Japan Railway Heritage, Yuyou Press, Tokyo, p. 2.
- Cultural Heritage Administration of Korea (2007) Investigation Report for a modern culture inheritance transportation(a railroad) list.
- Ichiro Tsutmumi (2007) Significance of the Railway Heritage on the "Memorials in Mechanical Engineering, Railway Edition", Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, 110(1061), pp. 42-45.
- West Japan Railway Company (2009) Regulation protective registration cultural assets.
- A Comparative study of Railway Heritage Conservation System between Japan and UK vol.15, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.394