- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Conceptual Investment Cost Estimation Using by Cost Indices for the Train Control Facility of High-speed Rail Project
원가지수를 이용한 고속철도 설비의 개략적 투자비 추정기법
- Received : 2011.03.11
- Accepted : 1011.04.13
- Published : 2011.04.26
Most of Orders of Magnitude estimate are based on historical data. This data is converted to the current price using by the cost index method mainly. This method, however, is rarely utilized or only for one-time use due to the lack of data and the complex escalation calculation method. This paper present a typical process on the conceptual investment cost estimation using by Cost Indexes based on the actual case for the Train Control facility of High-speed rail project. The result is expected to serve as both an easy way for Order of Magnitude estimate and a standard guideline for computerized modeling.
- AACE international (2002) Skill & Knowledge of Cost Engineering (4th ed.), AACE international, chapter 2.
- Phillip F.Ostwald (1974) Cost Estimating for Engineering and Management, Prentice-Hall, Inc., N.J, pp. 148-15.
- Yoon, Gijung (1982) Statistics, Bubmunsa Publishing Co., Seoul, pp. 386-387.
- Kenneth K Humphreys, Lloyd M.English (1993) Project and Cost Engineer's Handbook (3rd ed.), Marcel Dekker, Inc., N.Y., pp. 175-190.
- Ministry of Strategy and Finance (2007) Rule of Cost Accounting for government in Korea, Article 12.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2006) Purchase Contract for the Train Control System Phase 2 for the Seoul-Busan High Speed Rail Project.
- Construction Cost Research Institute (2010) Report (5rev.) on contract change amount based on the price escalation for the Train Control facility of the Seoul-Busan High-speed rail Phase 2.
- Ministry of Labor, Monthly Labor Statistics, http://www.molab.go.kr
- Statistics Korea Homepage http://www.kostat.go.kr/
- The Bank of Korea Monthly Bulletin http://www.bok.or.kr
- Statistics Korea (2004) Statistics Administration Handbook.
- AACE international (2002) Skill & Knowledge of Cost Engineering (4th ed.), Appendix F, Characteristics of the Estimate Classes.
- K.T.Kim, S.M. Rhee, Y.S Kwon (2008) A Deterministic Transit Assignment Model for Intercity Rail Network, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(6), pp. 550-561.