- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Mechanical Loads of Dropper for High Speed Electric Railway
고속 전차선로 드로퍼에 대한 기계적 하중에 관한 연구
- Received : 2010.12.08
- Accepted : 2011.05.07
- Published : 2011.06.26
The dropper supports the contact wire and is attached using various types of dropper clips on the catenary. Droppers are subject to mechanical stress from buckling during the passage of pantographs. In order to investigate failure causes for the high speed line dropper, theoretical analyses and experiments have been carried out. In this paper, mathematical formulas are derived for the pre-sag of the dropper static load. The measured values in the experiment were similar to the theoretical predictions. To analyze the cause on fracture of dropper wire, we have conducted analysis such as SEM(Scanning Electron Microscope) of fractured specimens in the field and new specimens. Finally, we performed measurement for the variation of dynamic load on the dropper when a pantograph moved at 300km/h under the Korean high speed overhead line. If such mechanical load occur repeatedly with every passing pantograph, it is possible that the dropper wire will break due to fatigue. This results will be used for special management of high speed catenary system maintenance and life estimation of dropper.
- Y.H. Ahn (2000) The question at issue of connector wire in high speed railway catenary system of France, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway.
- Y.H. Cho (2008) Numerical simulation of railway panto-graph overhead contact line dynamics considering dropper nonlinearity and contact wire pre-sag, PhD Thesis, Seoul National University.
- KRS PW 0008-07(R) (2006) Bronze Stranded Con-ductor(Bz).
- Y.S. Kim, H.C. Yoo (2008) Electric Railway, Dongil Press, pp. 483-494.
- S.G. Chung, et al (2007) Technical Development for Improvement of Electric Railway System, Korea Railroad Research Institute, KRRI Research 07-095.
- S.G. Chung, et al (2008) Technical Development for Improvement of Electric Railway System, Korea Railroad Research Institute, KRRI Research 08-024.
- S. Hur, et al (2002) A Study on the Dynamic Simulation of High Speed Current Collection System, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 5(1), pp. 47-54.
- Aging Analysis of Catenary Wires in Accordance with Temperature Changes for a Long Period of Time vol.65, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.9.1590