- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Air Cleaning Roll-Filter for Improving IAQ in Subway
도시철도 객실 공기질 개선을 위한 롤필터 개발연구
- Kwon, Soon-Bark ;
- Park, Duck-Shin ;
- Cho, Young-Min ;
- Kim, Jong-Bum ;
- NanGoong, Seok ;
- Han, Tae-Woo ;
- Cho, Kwan-Hyun ;
- Kim, Tae-Sung
- 권순박 (한국철도기술연구원 도시철도공기질개선연구단) ;
- 박덕신 (한국철도기술연구원 도시철도공기질개선연구단) ;
- 조영민 (한국철도기술연구원 친환경연구실) ;
- 김종범 (한국철도기술연구원 도시철도공기질개선연구단) ;
- 남궁석 ((주)성창에어텍) ;
- 한태우 (선진엔지니어링) ;
- 조관현 (서울메트로 기술연구소) ;
- 김태성 (성균관대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2011.01.04
- Accepted : 2011.07.06
- Published : 2011.08.26
In a modern society, various type of transportation modes are utilized, among them the subway system is the one of the main transportation mode which more than 7.21 million people ride a day in Seoul. Due to the increased interests on the indoor air quality (IAQ) of underground facilities, public concerns on IAQ of subway system are increasing also. Platform screen door (PSD) recently installed at the whole stations of Seoul subway and tunnel washing-out appeared to be effective in reducing particulate matters in the platform and tunnel. However there has not been any attempt to improve IAQ of subway cabin inside. Most technologies for removing airborne particulate matters are known to be difficult to adopt on the subway cabin due to the problem of maintenance cost. Therefore, the object of this study is a practical development of cabin air cleaning system which can reduce the concentration of airborne particles and harmful gases at the same time. In this paper, we focused on the development of particle removing system utilizing a roll-filter for increasing operating time of air filter. The prototype of system was designed and manufactured based on the numerical prediction results. For rollfilter device, 5 candidate filter materials were tested in point of particle collection efficiency and pressure drop. It was found that the electrically charged filter material showed the highest performance among them.
- D.S. Park (2010) Research of Transports en commun IAQ & Efficient control measurement (II), Korea Railroad Research Institute.
- S.B. Kwon, D.S. Park, Y.M. Cho, J.B. Kim et al. (2010) Development of Air Cleaning System for Urban Railway Cabin, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 2010 Spring Conference, pp. 309.
- Ministry of Environment (2010) Air Quality control law for Underground living space.
- Ministry Knowledge Economy (2009) Korea Standard C 9314 Air Clean System.
- Y.M. Cho, D.S. Park, S.B. Kwon, J.Y. Lee et al. (2011) Study on the Removal of Carbon Dioxide in the Subway Cabin Using Zeolite Type Carbon Dioxide Adsorbent, Journal of the Korea Society for Railway, 14(1), pp. 1-5. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.1.1
- J.D. Cha, C.S. Jang, I.J. Hwang. D.S. Kim (2003) Estimation of PM10 Source Contribution in the Seoul Subway Station, KOSAE Autumn Conference, pp. 345-346.
- J.W. Jung, Y.S. Kim, S.A. Kwon, S.C. Hong, et al. (1999) A Study in IAQ(Indoor Air Quality) for Underground Environments in Seoul, KOSAE Autumn Conference, pp. 374-375.
- Y.S Kim, T.S. Park, H.S. Lee, S.B. Lee (2000) Measurements of Indoor Air Pollutants in Seoul Subway Stations, KHEP Conference, pp. 120-123.
- H.M. Park, C.M. Lee, Y.M. No, Y.S. Kim, et al. (2006) A Study the Indoor Air Quality of Seoul Subway Passenger Cabin, KOSAE Spring Conference, pp. 557-558.
- D.S. Park (2006) IAQ Current of Subway cabin and Development trend of air quality purifier, The Society of Condition and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea journal, 35(6), pp. 24-28.
- Y.K. Jung, J.H. Park, R.H. Lee, K.Y. Yoon et al. (2008) Study of HVAC system with air cleaning system for indoor air quality of subway station, The Society of Condition and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea Conference, pp. 537-540.
- Y.S. Lee, S. NamGoong, J.E. Yoon (2008) The development of Air-cleaner for railroad passenger car to remove fine dust, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 2008 Spring Conference, pp. 2105-2109.
- Y.S. Lee, S. NamGoong, J.E. Yoon (2007) The Development of Air-Cleaner with Roll Filter System inside Railroad Passenger Car, The 2007 Environ mental Societies Joint Conference, pp. 483-486.
- Ministry of Environment (200) Guideline for IAQ of Public Transports.
- H.S Park, K.S. Lim (2009) Aerosol filtration and electrostatic properties of electrospun nanofiber air filters, PAAR, 5(2), pp. 71-81.
- W.C. Hinds (1999) Aerosol Technology - Properties, Behavior and Measurement of Airborne Particles. pp. 164-172.
- Status of PM in Seoul metropolitan subway cabins and effectiveness of subway cabin air purifier (SCAP) vol.16, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10098-013-0708-1