- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of FE Models of the Heavy Obstacle for the EU-TSI and Domestic Rolling Stock Safety Regulations and Application to Collision Evaluation of the Korean High-speed EMU
EU의 TSI 규정 및 국내 철도차량안전기준의 대형장애물 유한요소모델 개발과 분산형 고속열차의 충돌성능평가에 적용
- Received : 2011.06.01
- Accepted : 2011.07.18
- Published : 2011.08.26
The purpose of this paper is to develop two kinds of finite element models for the heavy deformable obstacle defined in grade crossing collision scenario of the Europe TSI and the Korean rolling stock safety regulations and to apply the crashworthiness evaluation for the Korean high-speed EMU with the FE model. The numerical models of the heavy obstacle were changed from a past rigid one to a current deformable one whose stiffness requirement should be verified by a collision simulation defined in the regulations. Through several trial simulations, two types of numerical models for the heavy obstacle were developed, which satisfied physical properties specifies in the regulations. One is a solid-type obstacle with uniform density and the other is a shell-type. With the obstacles developed in this study, the grade crossing collision scenario for Korean high-speed EMU was simulated and evaluated for the two-type obstacle models. From the simulation results, the shell and solid-type obstacles showed quite different behaviors after collision, and the shell type model gave more severe results.
- P.G. Llana (2009) Structural Crashworthiness Standard Comparison: Grade-crossing Collision Scenarios, Proceeding of RTDF2009, ASME Rail Transportation Division Fall Technical Conference, October 20-21, Ft. Worth, Texas, USA, RTDF 2009-18030.
- AEIF (2008) The technical specification for Interoperability relating to the rolling stock subsystem of the trans-European high-speed rail system, TSI, March, 2008.
- ANFOR (2005) Crashworthiness requirements for railway vehicle bodies, prEN15227, September, 2005.
- H.S. Han, J.S. Koo (2002) Simulation of Train Crashes in Three Dimension, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 5(3), pp. 187-195.
- J.S. Koo, H.J. Cho, D.S. Kim, Y.H. Youn (2001) An Evaluation of Crashworthiness for the Full Rake KHST Using 1-D Dynamic Model, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 4(3), pp. 94-101.
- ANFOR (2008) Crashworthiness requirements for railway vehicle bodies, EN15227, March, 2008.
- Ministry of construction and transportation (2007), Korean rolling stock safety regulation, MOCT notification No. 2007-278.
- AEIF (2002) The technical specification for Interoperability relating to the rolling stock subsystem of the trans-European high-speed rail system, TSI, May, 2002.
- J.O. Hallquist (2007) LS-Dyna Keyword User's Manual Version 971, Livemore Software Technology Corporation.
- G.Y. Kim, H.J. Cho, J.S. Koo, T.S. Kwon (2008) A Derivation of the Standard Design Guideline for Crashworthiness of High Speed Train with Power Cars, Transactions of KSAE, 16(6), pp. 157-167.
- M.Y. Park, Y.I. Park, J.S. Koo (2010) Equivalent Modeling Technique for 1-D Collision Dynamics Using 3-D Finite Element Analysis of Rollingstock, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(2), pp. 139-146.