- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Lavatory Emergency Detection System using Sensors in Train
센서를 활용한 열차 화장실 내 응급상황 감지에 관한 연구
- Received : 2011.04.06
- Accepted : 2011.06.21
- Published : 2011.08.26
In this paper, studied was the application of IT and sensor technology to trains in order to provide safety and convenience for passengers. One of applications is Lavatory Emergency Detection System in a train. Since a lavatory in a train is securely separated space, it is hard to notice an emergency inside of it unless a user sends a request for help. A system that can detect an emergency by using sensors was presented. System requirements were analyzed to design and implement a system. Prototype of the system was made. Then, tests in a laboratory were carried out based on a set of test plan to verify the system functions. Performance was turned out to be very successful. The system developed may have a chance to be installed according to the requirements of specifications of the train to be ordered.
- Y.J. Kim et al. (2009) Design and Verification using Energy Consumption Model of Low Power Sensor Network for Monitoring System for Elderly Living Alone, Journal of the IKEEE, 13(3), pp. 299-306.
- H.J. Park (2010) Implementation of the Living Alone Elderly People Protection System using Ubiquitous Sensor Networks, Journal of the Korea Society of Industrial Information Systems, 15(2), pp. 41-48.
- D.J. Chang et al. (2009) Survey on the Adoptability of IT and Smart Sensor Technologies into the Next-Generation High- Speed Train, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(5), pp. 649-655.
- E. Greneker III, et al. (1996) Improved Passenger Counter and Classifier System for Transit Operations, Transportation Research Board.
- Thomas J. Kimpel, et al. (2003) Automatic Passenger Counter Evaluation: Implications for National Transit Database Reporting, Journal of Transportation Research Board, pp. 93-100.
- B.M. Chung, et al. (2007) 2006 Reports on the USN Field Test Results, National Information Society Agency, Seoul, Korea.
- K.H. Kim, et al. (2005) Studies on Analysis of Technical Trend of USN, National Computerization Agency, Kyunggi-Do, Korea.
- D.J. Chang et al. (2009) Design of Lavatory Emergency Detection system, Proceedings of 2009 Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, The Korean Association For Railway. pp. 285-291.
- D.J. Chang et al. (2009) Implementation of the Lavatory Emergency Detection System in Train, Proceedings of 2009 Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, The Korean Association For Railway, pp. 1376-1383/
- http://blog.daum.net/han0114/17049559 (2009.10.24)