- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of FBG Accelerometer for Railway Tunnel Vibration
철도터널 진동 모니터링을 위한 광섬유 가속도계 개발
- Received : 2011.03.28
- Accepted : 2011.08.13
- Published : 2011.08.26
For the safety management of tunnel, effective measurements should be continuously carried out. Most of sensors currently being applied for tunnels measure only the local status, thus many of them are needed to monitor an entire tunnel. For the railway tunnel where trains of same conditions are regularly operated, dynamic responses of tunnel structure to train operations can be a good index to estimate the deformation of tunnel structure in wide area. Meanwhile, the electromagnetic interference caused by overhead centenary in railway tunnel obstructs the use of electric-based sensors. In this study a brand new accelerometer using FBG optical fiber sensors is developed to solve these problems. Sensitivity and capacity of the accelerometer are enhanced with effective structural design of its components and verified with laboratory tests. A case history where the developed accelerometers were applied to a safety monitoring system of a high-speed train tunnel is presented. The performances of the developed accelerometers are validated from the measured acceleration data.
- I. Vanicek, M. Vanicek, J. Zalesky (2009) Monitoring of Tunnel Lining Deformation and Deterioration, Proc. of the 17th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Alexandria, Egypt, pp. 2111-2116
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2004) Advisory Services on Upgrading of the Existing Railway Facilities and Electrification of the Conventional Lines, Korea Railroad Research Institute.
- C.S. Lee, H. Lee (2009) Hydrothermal Alteration and Engineering Characteristics in the Bokan Tunnel Area passing through the Yangsan Fault, Journal of Mineralogy Society of Korea, 22(1), pp. 13-22
- Korea Hi-speed Train Authorization (2003) Geotechnical Investigation Report of Gyeongbu Hi-speed Line No.12-4 Site, Korea Hi-speed Train Authorization
- D.Y. Sung, Y.G. Park, J.Y. Choi, S.I. Kim (2010) The Experimental Study on the Effect of Track System on the Integral Behavior of Railway Bridge, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(2), pp. 131-250.
- A Study of Detecting Broken Rail using the Real-time Monitoring System vol.28, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2013.28.4.001