- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Mode Choice Model and Applications Considering Connectivity of Express Way
고속도로 연계성을 반영한 고속철도 수단선택모형 개발 및 적용
- 조항웅 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원) ;
- 정성봉 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원) ;
- 김시곤 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원) ;
- 오재학 (한국교통연구원 글로벌녹색융합연구본부)
- Received : 2011.06.03
- Accepted : 2011.07.22
- Published : 2011.08.26
Until now, in planning and constructing KTX and the Express Way, the connectivity and transfer between these facilities have not been considered. In this study the effect of mode choice behavior by connecting KTX and the Express Way is analyzed through estimating Multinomial Logit Model and Binary Logit Model. The SP and RP surveys to develop these models were carried out and the data were selected from the passengers using the KTX station, Express Bus Terminals and Rest Areas in the Express Way. To test the effect of connectivity and transfer in the field, the case study for Dongtan KTX station was carried out. According to the results, connecting the KTX station and the Express Way has the effect of increasing the demand by 30%. And this is caused by saving about 120 minutes of traveling time from Seoul to Pusan. This study shows that the connectivity and transfer can increase the efficiency of transportation system and the improvement in the mobility and accessibility will maximize the usages of these two facilities.
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- S. LEE (2007) The Development of Mode Choice Model by RP Data: Focused on analysis of the city of Suwon, University of Seoul.
- E. JEON, S. LEE( 2007), A Study of Mode Choice for Commuters in Seoul Metropolitan Area, Seoul Develpement Institute, 8(4), pp.107-125
- S. RYU (2010) A Study on an Alternative Modal Split Models, Gyeonggi Research Institute.
- K. Kim (2002) Stated Preference Survey and Analysis Research Methodology, The KoreaTtransport Institute
- J. Lee, S. Jang (2005) For Efficiency of Inter-Regional Traffic Using High-speed Rail Study on Increasing, The KoreaTtransport Institute.
- J. Lee (2009) A Development of Intercity Travel Mode Choice Model for High-speed Rail Demand Analysis,16(2), The KoreaTtransport Institute.
- Mministry of Construction and Transporation (2010) Fouth Country Planning General Plan Revision (2011-2020)
- Mministry of Construction and Transporation (2009) Transport Investment Appraisal Guidelines
- Mministry of Construction and Transporation (2010) Passenger OD Updating Complement National Support.
- The KoreaTtransport Institute (2008) Investment Evaluation System to Improve Facilities.
- Metropolitan Transporation authority (2009) Metropolitan Area and The Corresponding Study on the Future Traffic Demand Forecasts.
- J.-H. Park, H.-Y. Lee, S.-H. Hong (2006) A study on the economic feasibility analysis method for introducing the urban transit system, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 9(1), pp. 23-28.