- Volume 21 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Screening of Antimicrobial Activity Compounds from Korea Ginseng Fine Root
고려인삼의 세근을 이용한 항균성 물질 탐색
- Kim, Ah-Reum (Department of Microbiology, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Myung-Suk (Department of Microbiology, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2011.05.25
- Accepted : 2011.09.16
- Published : 2011.09.30
The study was performed to evaluate the antibacterial and antiviral activities of ginseng fine root in order to search for antibacterial substances. Among 8 kinds of fermentation strains, Lactobacillus plantarum was selected based on viable cell count and antibacterial activities during incubation. Optimum conditions of ginseng fine root fermentation for L. plantarum were incubation at
- Bellamy, K. 1995. A review of the test methods used to establish virucidal activity. J. Hosp. Infect. 30, 389-396. https://doi.org/10.1016/0195-6701(95)90043-8
- Benishin, G. C. 1992. Actions of ginsenoside Rb1 on choline uptake in central cholinegic nerve endings. Neurochem. Int. 21, 1-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-0186(92)90061-U
- Chang, H. K. 2003. Effect of processiong methods on the saponin contents of Panax ginseng leaf-tea. Korean J. Food Nutr. 16, 46-53.
- Choi, J. E., Y. H. Han, and K. T. Lee. 2009. Changes of saponin contents of leaves, stems and flower-buds of Panax ginseng C.A. meyer by harvesting days. Korean J. Crop Sci. 17, 251-256.
- Doosan. Co., Ltd. 2008. Fermented ginseng containing bio-conversed ginsenoside metabolites increased by co-fermentation of fungi and lactic acid bacteria. KR-A 10-2008-0103299.
- Gehrke, C., J. Steinmann, and P. Goroncy-Bermes. 2004. Inactivation of feline calicivirus, a surrogate of norovirus( formerly Norwalk-like viruses), by different types of alcohol in vitro and in vivo. J. Hosp. Infect. 56, 49-55.
- Jun, H. K., S. H. Kim, and K. L. Jong. 1982. Studies of ginseng the components on the growth of bacteria. Korean J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. 10, 101-108.
- Huo, Y. and Y. Chen. 1998. The effect of Panax ginseng extract on insulin and corticosteroid receptors. J. Traditional Chinese Medicine 8, 293-295.
- Jo, J. S., S. G. Mok, and J. Y. Weon. 1998. Culture of latest ginseng. pp. 34, Seonjinmunawsa, Seoul.
- Jung, N. P. and S. H. Jin. 1996. Studies on the physiological and biochemical effects of Korea ginseng. Korean J. Ginseng Sic. 20, 431-471.
- Kampf, G., D. Grotheer, and J. Steinmnn. 2005. Efficacy of three ethanolbased hand rubs against feline calicivirus, a surrogate virus for norovirus. J. Hosp. Infect. 60, 144-149. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2004.12.005
- Kang, S. Y. and N. D. Kim. 1992. The antihypertensive effect of red ginseng saponin and the endothelium-derived vascular relaxation. Korean J. Ginseng Sic. 18, 175-182.
- Kikuchi, Y., H. Sasa, T. Kita, J. Hirata, and T. Tode. 1991. Inhibition of human ovarian cancer cell proliferation in vitro by ginenoside-Rb2 and adjuvant effects of cisplatin in vivo. Anticancer Drugs (England) 2, 63-67. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001813-199102000-00009
- Kim, H. G., K. Y. Kim, and C. J. Cha. 2007. Screening for ginseng-fermenting microorganisms capable of biotransforming ginsenosides. Korean J. Microbiol. 43, 142-146.
- Kim, J. B. and H. Hasegawa. 2003. Red ginseng containing deglycosylated ginsenosides and its manufacturing method. KR-A 2003-0041323.
- Kim, M. J., M. W. Byun, and M. S. Jang. 1996. Physiological and antibacterial activity of bamboo (Sasa coreana Nakai) leaves. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 25, 135-142.
- Kim, M. W., S. R. Ko, K. J. Choi, and S. C. Kim. 1987. Distribution of saponin in various sections of Panax ginseng root and changes of its contents according to root age. J. Ginseng Res. 11, 10-16.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration. 2010. Food code. pp. 212-251, Munyoungsa, Seoul.
- Korea Ginseng and Tobacco Research Institute. 1994. Korea ginseng; chap. 5. process of ginseng. pp. 43-62, Korea Ginseng and Tobacco Research Institute.
- Korean Ginseng History. 2002. Korea ginseng, pp.16-24, Donglimunhawsa, Seoul.
- Korean Industrial Standard. 2001. Testing methods for antibacterial activity of antibacterial functional products-Part 1: Shaking flask method, KS M 0146.
- Kwak, Y. K., M. H. Hwang, S. C. Kim, J. H. Do, and C. K. Park. 2006. A growth inhibition effect of saponin from red ginseng on some pathogenic microorganisms. J. Ginseng Res. 30, 128-131. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2006.30.3.128
- Lee, K. S., B. J. Seong, G. H. Kim, S. I. Kim, S. H. Han, H. H. Kim, and N. D. Baik. 2010. Ginsenoside, phenolic acid composition and physiological significances of fermented ginseng leaf. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 39, 1194-1200. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.8.1194
- Lee, S. D. 1985. A study on the change of cholesterol contents by supplement or the panax ginseng by products in the dietary protein level in rat's heart and testis. Korean J. Chemistry 2, 55-61. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02697550
- Park, S. J., D. H. Kim, and N. S. Peak. 2006. Preparation and quality characteristics of the fermentation product of ginseng by lactic acid bacteria (FGL). J. Ginseng Res. 30, 88-94. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2006.30.2.088
- The Society for Korean Ginseng. 1995. Understanding of Korean Ginseng. pp 35-54, The Society for Korean Ginseng, Seoul.