- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
REMINERALIZATION EFFECT OF INTERPROXIMAL CARIES ADJACENT TO GLASS IONOMER RESTORATIONS: IN VITRO STUDY USING QLF
QLF(Quantitative light-induced fluorescence)를 이용한 글라스 아이오노머 수복물의 인접면 우식 재광화 효과에 관한 연구
Lee, Hyeok-Sang;Hyun, Hong-Keun;Jang, Ki-Taeg
- Received : 2011.05.09
- Accepted : 2011.08.08
- Published : 2011.08.31
This in vitro study compared the remineralization of incipient interproximal caries in the presence of three glass ionomer cements(highly-filled glass ionomer cement, resin-modified glass ionomer cement, compomer) and a resin composite(control). Thirty-two extracted premolars were selected based upon the lack of any visible demineralization. The teeth were coated in a transparent acid resistant nail varnish leaving
Glass ionomer cement;Remineralization;Proximal caries;Quantitative light-induced fluorescence(QLF)
- Ten Cate JM: In vitro studies on the effects of fluoride on de- and remineralization. J Dent Res, 69:614-619, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345900690S120
- Featherstone JD, Glena R, Shariati M, Shields CP: Dependence on in vitro demineralization of apatite and remineralization on dental enamel on fluoride concentration. J Dent Res, 69:620-625, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345900690S121
- Segura A, Donly KJ, Stratmann RG: Enamel remineralization on teeth adjacent to Class II glass ionomer restorations. Am J Dent, 10:247-250, 1997.
- Eichmiller FC, Marjenhoff WA: Fluoride releasing dental restorative materials. Oper Dent, 23:218-28, 1998.
- Harry FA: Tooth-Colored Restoratives: Principles and Techniques, Ninth Edition, BC Decker Inc, Hamilton, London, 43-55, 2002.
- Pretty IA, Pender N, Edgar WM, Higham SM: The in vitro detection of early enamel de- and re-mineralization adjacent to bonded orthodontic cleats using quantitative light-induced fluorescence. Eur J Orthod, 25:217-23, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/ejo/25.3.217
- Higham SM, Pretty IA, Edgar WM, Smith PW: The use of in situ models and QLF for the study of coronal caries. J Dent, 33:235-41, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2004.10.016
- Stookey GK :Quantitative light fluorescence: a technology for early monitoring of the caries process. Dent Clin North Am, 49:753-70, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cden.2005.05.009
- 권해숙, 현홍근, 김영재 등: 유치 수복물에 따른 주변 법랑질의 탈회 저항성. 대한소아치과학회지, 37:44-52, 2010.
- 송주현, 김영재, 김정욱 등: QLF를 이용한 항우식 제품의 인공 우식 재광화 효과에 대한 연구. 대한소아치과학회지, 35:287-295, 2008.
- Kashket S: Historical review of remineralization research. J Clin Dent, 10:56-64, 1999.
- Zero DT: Application of clinical models in remineralization research. J Clin Dent, 10:74-85, 1999.
- Arends J, ten Bosch JJ: Demineralization and remineralization evaluation techniques. J Dent Res, 71(spec):924-928, 1992.
- 이창근, 김종수, 유승훈: Quantitative light-induced fluorescence를 이용한 법랑질 탈회 속도에 관한 비교 연구. 대한소아치과학회지, 31:506-515, 2004.
- Aljehani A, Tranæus S, Forsberg CM, et al.: In vitro quantification of white spot enamel lesions adjacent to fixed orthodontic appliances using quantitative light-induced fluorescence and DIAGNOdent. Acta Odontol Scand, 62:313-318, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/00016350410001793
- Jang KT, Garcia-Godoy F, Donly KJ, Segura A: Remineralizing effects of glass ionomer restorations on adjacent interproximal caries. ASDC J Dent Child, 68:125-128, 2001.
- Bynum AM, Donly KJ: Enamel de/remineralization on teeth adjacent to fluoride releasing materials without dentifrice exposure. ASDC J Dent Child, 66:89-92, 1999.
- Hatibovic-Kofman S, Suljak JP, Koch G: Remineralization of natural carious lesions with a glass ionomer cement. Swed Dent J, 21:11-17, 1997.
- Donly KJ, Segura A, Wefel JS, Hogan MM: Evaluating the effects of fluoride-releasing dental materials on adjacent interproximal caries. J Am Dent Assoc, 130:817-825, 1999. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1999.0305
- Forss, H, Seppa L: Prevention of enamel demineralization adjacent to glass ionomer filling materials. Scand J Dent Res, 98:173-178, 1990.
- Takagi S, Liao H, Chow LC: Effect of a low-fluoridecontent, two-component rinse on fluoride uptake and on de-and remineralization of enamel lesions: an in vitro study. Caries Res, 35:223-228, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1159/000047460
- Silverstone LM: Effect of oral fluid and synthetic calcifying fluids in vitro on remineralization of enamel lesion. Clin Prev Dent, 4:13-22, 1981.
- Hicks MJ, Flaitz CM, Silverstone LM: Initiation and progression of caries-like lesions of enamel: effect of periodic treatment with synthetic saliva and sodium fluoride. Caries Res, 19:481-489, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1159/000260886
- Dunne SM, Goolnik JS, Millar BJ, Seddon RP: Caries inhibition by a resin-modified and a conventional glass ionomer cement in vitro. J Dent, 24:91- 94, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0300-5712(95)00051-8
- Forsten L: Resin-modified glass ionomer cements: fluoride release and uptake. Acta Odontol Scand, 53:222-225, 1995. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016359509005976
- Diaz-Arnild AM, Holmes DC, Wistrom DW, Swift EJ Jr.: Short-term fluoride release/uptake of glass ionomer restoratives. Dent Mater, 11:96-101, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0109-5641(95)80041-7
- Evaluation of the validity of Qraycam for tooth examination during epidemiological surveys vol.39, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.4.259
Supported by : 서울대학교 치과병원