- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Dietary Supplementation of Copper-soy Proteinate on the Performance of Laying Hens
Copper-soy Proteinate의 첨가가 채란계의 생산성에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Mun-Ku (Department of Animal Science and Technology, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Kim, Chan-Ho (Department of Animal Science and Technology, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Shin, Dong-Hun (Department of Animal Science and Technology, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Jung, Byoung-Yun (Department of Poultry Science, The University of Georgia) ;
- Paik, In-Kee (Department of Animal Science and Technology, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2011.04.18
- Accepted : 2011.08.10
- Published : 2011.09.30
This study was conducted to investigate the effects of dietary supplementation of copper-soy proteinate (Cu-SP) on the performance of laying hens. A total of 1,000 Hy-Line Brown laying hens of 32 wks old were assigned to one of the following 5 dietary treatments: Control, Cu-SP 50, 100, 150, 200 (50, 100, 150, 200 ppm Cu supplementation as Cu-soy proteinate). Each treatment was replicated 4 times with fifty birds per replication, housed in 2 birds cages. Fifty birds units were arranged according to randomized block design. Feeding trial lasted 5 wks under 16L : 8D lighting regimen. There were no significant differences among treatments in hen-day and hen-house egg production, egg weight, broken & soft egg production. Feed intake and feed conversion rate (FCR) were significantly (P<0.01) lower in Cu-SP treated groups than Control. Eggshell thickness was significantly (P<0.01) higher in Control than Cu-SP 100, 150 and 200. Egg yolk color index was significantly (P<0.01) higher in Cu-SP 200 than other treatments. Egg shell color index was significantly (P<0.05) higher in Cu-SP 150 and Cu-SP 200 than Cu-SP 100. Concentration of copper, iron and zinc of the egg yolk were not significantly influenced by treatment. There were no significant differences in the level of leukocytes and erythrocytes in the chicken blood. The result of this experiment showed that dietary supplementation of Cu-SP at the level of 50ppm of Cu can reduce feed intake and FCR.
- AOAC 1990 Official Method of Analysis. 15th Ed. Association of Official Chemists. Washington, DC. USA.
- Aurelio MM, Juana P, Marta F, Francisco JM, Jose MD 2005 Copper induction of carotenoid synthesis in the bacterium Myxococcus xanthus. Molecular Microbioligy 56(5):1159-1168. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2958.2005.04613.x
- Baker DH, Odle J, Funk MA, Wieland TM 1991 Bioavailability of copper in cupric oxide, cuprous, and in a copper-lysine complex. Poultry Sci 70(1):177-179. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0700177
- Chiou PWS, Chen KL, Yu B 1997 Toxicity, tissue accumulation and residue in egg and excreta of copper in laying hens. Anim Feed Sci Technol 67:49-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-8401(96)01139-X
- Cromwell GL, Stahly TS, Mongue HJ 1989 Effect of source and level of copper on performance and liver copper stores in weaning pigs. J Anim Sci 67:2996-3002. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1989.67112996x
- Eisen EJ, Bohern BB, Mckean HE 1962 The Haugh unit as a measure of egg albumin quality. Poultry Sci 41:1461-1468. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0411461
- Guclu BK, Kara K, Beyaz L, Uyanik F, Eren M, Atasever A 2008 Influence of dietary copper proteinate on performance, selected biochemical parameters, lipid peroxidation, liver, and egg copper content in laying hens. Biol Trace Elem Res 125:160-169. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-008-8164-1
- Jackson N 1977 The effect of dietary copper sulphate on laying performance, nutrient intake and tissue copper and iron levels of the mature, laying, domestic fowl. Br J Nutr 38:93-100. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19770065
- Kim K-B, Seo YM, Shin KS, Rhee AR, Han J, Paik IK 2011 Effect of supplemental copper-methionine chelate and coppersoy proteinate on the performance, blood parameters, liver mineral content, and intestinal microflora of broiler chickens. J Appl Poult Res 20:21-32. https://doi.org/10.3382/japr.2010-00177
- Klasing KC 1998 Minerals. Comparative Avian Nutrition. CAB International. New York. USA. p. 234-276.
- Lim HS, Paik IK 2003 Effects of supplementary mineral methionine chelates (Zn, Cu, Mn) on the performance and eggshell quality of laying hens. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 16(12): 1804-1808. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2003.1804
- Lim HS, Paik IK 2006 Effects of dietary supplementation of copper chelates in the form of methionine, chitosan and yeast in laying hens. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 19(8):1174-1178. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2006.1174
- NRC 1994 Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. National Academy Press, Washington, DC. USA.
- Paik IK 2001a Application of chelated minerals in animal production. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 14(3):191-198.
- Paik IK 2001b Management of excretion of phosphorus, nitrogen and pharmacological level minerals to reduce environmental pollution from animal production. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 14(3):384-394. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2001.384
- Paik IK, Seo SH, Um JS, Chang MB, Lee BH 1999 Effects of supplementary copper-chelate on the performance and cholesterol level in plasma and breast muscle of broiler chickens. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 12(5):794-798. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1999.794
- Pearce J, Jackson N, Stevenson MH 1983 The effect of dietary intake and of the dietary concentration of copper sulphate on laying domestic fowl: Effect on some aspects of lipid, carbohydrate and amino acid metabolism. Br Poult Sci 59:1099.
- Pesti GM, Bakalli RI 1998 Studies on the feeding cupric sulfate pentahydrate to laying hens on egg cholesterol content. Poultry Sci 77(10):1540-1545. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/77.10.1540
- Roof MD, Mahan DC 1982 Effect of carbadox and various dietary copper levels for weaning swine. J Anim Sci 55(5): 1109-1117. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1982.5551109x
- SAS Institute 1996 SAS/STAT User's Guide Release. 6.12 Ed. SAS Institute Inc. Cary NC. USA.
- Seo YM, Shin KS, Rhee AR, Chi YS, Han J, Paik IK 2010 Effect of dietary Fe-soy proteinate and MgO on egg production and quality of eggshell in laying hens. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 23(8):1043-1048. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2010.10076
- Steel RGD, Torrie JH 1980 Principles and procedures of Statics (2nd Ed..) a Biometrical Approach. McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., New York, NY.
- 백인기 김찬호 박광월 2008 사료내 Cu-methionine chelate와 Cu-soy proteinate가산란계의생산성, 소장내미생물균총및 면역체계에 미치는 영향. 한국가금학회지 35(3):303-311.
- 이문구 김찬호 신동훈 정병윤 백인기 2011 구리공급원들(Cu sulfate, Cu-methionine, Cu-soy proteinate)의 첨가가 육계의 생산성에 미치는 영향. 한국가금학회지 38(2):121-128.
- 이한규 2005 Fe-soy proteinate를 이용한 철분 강화 계육 및 계란생산에 관한 연구. 제103회 중앙대학교 석사학위논문.
- Effects of Dietary Supplementation of Copper Soy Proteinate (Cu-SP) and Herbal Mixture (HBM) on the Performance, Blood Parameter and Immune Response in Laying Hens vol.41, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2014.41.4.323