- Volume 30 Issue 5
Objective: The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of seat heights for optimizing the ingress/egress performance in the elderly people. Background: Recently elderly users have been increasing in number and the ease of ingress/egress of the vehicle becomes an important issue. Method: Seven elderly subjects participated in this study(age: 71.7
- Ait El Menceur, M., Pudlo, P., Gorce, P., Thevenon, A. and Lepoutre, F., Alternative movement identification in the automobile ingress and egress for young and elderly population with or without protheses, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 38(11-12), 1078-1087, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ergon.2008.02.019
- Alexander, N. B., Schultz, A. B. and Warwick, D. N., Rising from a chair: effects of age and functional ability on performance biomechanics, Journal of Gerontology, 46(3), M91-98, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/46.3.M91
- Burdett, R. G., Habasevich, R., Pisciotta, J. and Simon, S. R., Biomechanical comparison of rising from two types of chairs, Physical Therapy, 65(8), 1177-1183, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/65.8.1177
- Chateauroux, E., Wang, X., Pudlo, P. and Ait El Menceur, M., Difficulties of elderly and motor impaired people when getting in and out of a car, 11th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled Person, 2007.
- Cho, S. I., Park, S., Hong, S. W., Choe, J. H. and Jung E. S., Analysis of tendency and the method improving ingress and egress for wheelchair users, Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 27(3), 23-32, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2008.27.3.023
- Choi, W. J., Sha, S. J. and Choi, H. Y., Ingress/egress of older drivers Part 1: analysis of motion characteristics, Journal of Biomedical Engineering Research, 30(5), 381-392, 2009.
- Herriotts, P., Identification of vehicle design requirements for older drivers, Applied Ergonomics, 36(3), 255-262, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2005.01.002
- Hughes, M., Weiner, D., Schenkman, M., Long, R. and Studenski, S., Chair rise strategies in the elderly, Clinical Biomechanics, 9(3), 187-192, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0268-0033(94)90020-5
- Ikeda, E. R., Schenkman, M. L., Riley, P. O. and Hodge, W. A., Influence of age on dynamics of rising from a chair, Physical Therapy, 71(6), 473-481, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/71.6.473
- Park, S. J., Yim, Y. K., Lee, H. J. and Kim, C. J., The study on the satisfaction and a motion analysis when entering a car through change of vehicle conditions, Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 25(3), 25-32, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2006.25.3.025
- Park, W. C., Yang, Y. S., Jang, C. H., An, D. J. and Lim, S. H., Ergonomic evaluation of convenient appliances for elderly driver's ingress/egress, Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 29(1), 61-66, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.1.061
- Petzall, J., The design of entrances of taxis for elderly and disabled passengers, Applied Ergonomics, 26(5), 343-352, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(95)00051-8
- Rhee, G. H., Han, I. S., Choi, W. J., Yoon, K. H. and Park, Y. H., The study on systems to aid the ingress/egress for elderly passenger, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, 879-880, 2008.
- Road Traffic Authority, Driver's License Examination Office, www.dla.go.kr
- Rodosky, M. W., Andriacchi, T. P. and Anderson, G. B. J., The influence of chair height on lower limb mechanics during rising, Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 7(2), 266-271,1989. https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.1100070215
- Shaheen, S. and Niemeier, D., Integrating vehicle design and human factors: minimizing elderly driving constraints, Transportation Research Part C, 9(3), 155-174, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0968-090X(99)00027-3
- Weiner D. K., Long, R., Hughes, M. A., Chandler, J. and Studenski, S., When older adults face the chair-rise challenge. a study of chair height availability and height-modified chair-rise performance in the elderly. Journal of American Geriatrics Society, 41(1), 6-10, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1993.tb05939.x
- Weiner, S. and Niemeier, D., Integrating vehicle design and human factors: minimizing elderly driving constraints, Transportation Research Part C, 9(3), 155-174, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0968-090X(99)00027-3
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Daegu University