- Volume 22 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Improvement of VSWR Measurement for Various Modulated Signals at 1.8 GHz Band
다양한 변조 신호의 1.8 GHz 대역 VSWR 측정 개선에 관한 연구
- Park, Sang-Jin (Department of Electronic Engineering, Incheon University) ;
- Kang, Sung-Min (Ace Technology) ;
- Koo, Kyung-Heon (Department of Electronic Engineering, Incheon University)
- Published : 2011.09.30
This paper has suggested a technique for measuring VSWR at 1.8 GHz band for various modulated signals. By using directional coupler the power of incident and reflected wave is measured, and in order to minimize the size and cost of the measuring circuit, a SPDT(Single Pole Double Throw) switch is adopted to realize the circuit with just one detector and one A/D(Analog to Digital) converter. MCU(Micro Control Unit) is used to calculate the voltage reflection coefficient and VSWR, and the measured VSWR error has improved by approximately 0.2 with applying a simple bubble sorting algorithm to reduce the measurement error, the MCU process time and load.
- 김민구, "차기 이동 통신 시장을 향한 3GPP LTE업계의 최근 동향", 대한전자공학회 하계종합학술대회, 31(1), pp. 5-6, 2008년.
- A. Ghosh, R. Ratasuk, "LTE-advanced: Next-generation wireless broadband technology", IEEE Wireless Communication, pp. 10-22, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2010.5490974
- X. Wang, J. She, and Z. Feng, "Real time measurement of VSWR with directional couplers", International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Thchnology Proceedings, pp. 719-722, 2004.
- K. Chang, RF and Microwave Wireless Systems, Wiley Interscience, pp. 17-27, 2000.
- J. Huang, J. She, "A six-port coupler with high directivity for VSWR measurement", APMC2005 Proceedings, Dec. 2005.
- B. Weinschel, G. Sorger, "Precision coaxial VSWR measurements by coupled sliding-load technique", IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurements., vol. 13, pp. 292-300, 1964. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.1964.4313416