- Volume 60 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design and Analysis of Surface-Mounted PM Motor of Compressor for Electric Vehicles Applications according to Slot/Pole Combinations
전기자동차 압축기용 표면부착형 영구자석 전동기의 극/슬롯수 조합에 따른 특성해석 및 설계
- Received : 2011.04.15
- Accepted : 2011.09.16
- Published : 2011.10.01
This paper deals with design and analysis of surface-mounted PM (SPM) motor for compressor of air-conditioning system for electric vehicle applications according to slot/pole combination. First, required torque-speed curve characteristics are determined from operating conditions of the compressor. Restricted conditions such as motor size limit and current density are also determined. And then, under same rated and restricted conditions, twelve models which have different slot/pole combinations each other are designed for various pole arc/pitch ratio using simple equations and 2-d finite element (FE) analyses. Designed models are analyzed and compared in terms of back-emf THD, cogging torque, torque ripple, power losses, efficiency, etc. On the basis of analysis results, it is found that the motor with a 6-pole PM rotor and a 27-slot stator has most outstanding performances in electromagnetic aspects. Finally, through the mechanical modal analysis and demagnetization analysis, it is concluded that the determined motor is most suitable for the compressor of air-conditioning system for electric vehicles.
Supported by : 기초전력연구원
- C. C. Chan and K. T. Chau, Modern Electric Vehicle Technology. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford Univ. Press, 2001.
- M. Eshani, K. M. Rahman, and H. A. Toliyat, "Propulsion system design of electric and hybrid vehicles," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 44, no. 1, pp.19-27, Feb. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.557495
- K. T. Chau and C. C. Chan, "Emerging energy-efficient technologies for hybrid electric vehicles", Proc. IEEE, vol. 95, no. 4, pp.821-835, Apr. 2007.
- 김기찬, "EV/HEV용 매입형 영구자석 동기전동기의 최적설계 및 제어특성연구", 한양대학교 박사학위논문, 2008.
- 설승기, "전기기기제어론", 흥룡과학출판사, 2009년.
- Edward Carl Francis Lovelace, Optimization of a magnetically saturable interior permanent-magnet synchronous machine drive, phd 2000.
- Duane Hanselman, Brushless Permanent Magnet Motor Design, The Writers' Collective, 2003.
- Z. Q. Zhu and David Howe, "Influence of Design Parameters on Cogging Torque in Permanent Magnet Machines," IEEETran.Energy Conversion, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 407-412, Dec 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.900501
- Jacek F. Gieras and Mitchell Wing, Permanent Magnet Motor Technology, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 2002.
- Z. Q. Zhu, Z. P. Xia, L. J. Wu and G. W. Jewell, "Influence of slot and pole number combination on radial force and vibration modes in fractional slot PM brushless machines having single- and doublelayer winding," IEEE ECCE 2009, pp. 3443-3450, 2009.