- Volume 60 Issue 10
This paper deals with an input device without the touch. The existing touch screens have some problems such as the week durability by frequent contact and the high cost by complex hardware configuration. In this paper, a non-touch input device is proposed to overcome these problems. The proposed method uses a skin color generated by the HCbCr color model and a hand region obtained by the labeling technique. In Addition, the skeleton model is employed to improve the recognition performance of the hand motion. Finally, the experiment results show the applicability of the proposed method.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R. Cowie, "Emotion Recognition In Human-Computer Interaction," Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE, Vol.18 pp. 32-80, January 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/79.911197
- T. Huang, and V. Pavloic, "Hand Gesture Modeling, Analysis, and Synthesis," International Workshop on Automatic Face and Gesture-Recongnition, pp. 73-79, June 1995.
- F. Karray, M. Alemzadeh, J. Saleh, and M. Arab, "Human-Computer Interaction: Overview on State of the Art," Intl. Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems, Vol.1, no.1, pp. 137-159, March 2008.
- J. Han, "Low-Cost Multi-Touch Sensing through Frustrated Total Internal Reflection," In Proceedings of the 18th Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, pp. 115-118, 2005.
- S. Oviatt, "Advances In Robust Multimodal Interface Design," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.23 pp. 62-68, September-October 2003.
- C. Spence, "Crossmodal Attention and Multisensory Integration: Implications for Multimodal Interface Design," International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces, Vol.5, November 2003.
- M. Kolsch, R. Bane, T. Hollerer, and M. Turk, "Multimodal Interaction with a Wearable Augmented Reality System," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.26, no.3 pp. 62-71, May-Jun 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCG.2006.66
- M. Kim, and J. Yoon, "Implementation of Mobile Game Interface through an Operating Interface Analysis of Touchscreen Devices," Journal of Society of Design Science, No.81, pp. 231-244, 2009.
- J. Rantala, R. Raisamo, J. Lylykangas, V. Surakka, J. Raisamo, K. Salminen, T. Pakkanen, and A. Hippula, "Methods for Presenting Braille Characters on a Mobile Device with a Touchscreen and Tactile Feedback," IEEE Trans. on Haptics, Vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 28-39, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TOH.2009.3
- F. Wang, H. Deng, K. Ki, and Q. Ting, "A Study on Image Splicing Algorithm for Large Screen Multi-touch Technique," Machine Vision and Human-Machine Interface, pp. 526-529, April 2010.
- Z. Pan, "A Real-time-cue Hand Tracking Algorithm Based On Computer Vision," IEEE Virtual Reality Conference, pp. 219-222, March 2010.