- Volume 60 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Angular Displacement Measurement Using Optical Sensor
광학센서를 이용한 관절운동각도 측정
- Jung, Gu-In ;
- Kim, Ji-Sun ;
- Hur, Dong-Hun ;
- Yu, Hwan-Dong ;
- Lim, Sung-Hwan ;
- Choi, Ju-Hyeon ;
- Lee, Jeong-Hwan ;
- Eom, Gwang-Moon ;
- Jun, Jae-Hoon
- 정구인 (건국대 의학공학과, 건국대 의공학 실용 기술연구소) ;
- 김지선 (건국대 의학공학과, 건국대 의공학 실용 기술연구소) ;
- 허동훈 (가톨릭대학 여의도성모병원 의공학팀) ;
- 유환동 (서울아산병원 의공학팀) ;
- 임성환 (건국대학교 의학공학부) ;
- 최주현 (건국대학교 의학공학부) ;
- 이정환 (건국대 의학공학부, 건국대 의공학 실용 기술연구소) ;
- 엄광문 (건국대 의학공학부, 건국대 의공학 실용 기술연구소) ;
- 전재훈 (건국대학교 의학공학부, 건국대 의공학 실용 기술연구소)
- Received : 2011.05.18
- Accepted : 2011.08.31
- Published : 2011.10.01
Measuring the movement of joint angle of human body is very important clinically. Human joint angle displacement can be used to evaluate the degree of disease and disability. Also, we can determine the rehabilitation process with angular information. Conventional methods for measuring angular displacement are many weakness. The purpose of this study is to overcome the limitations of existing equipments by using optical method. For this reason, optical sensor system was used to correlate detected light signal with joint angle. Experimental results of the applied joint model in this study showed that joint angular displacement can be measured by optical signals. The suggested method is simple, durable, small, lightweight, convenient, and cost effective.
Supported by : 건국대학교
- 김지원, 박병규, 홍정화, 엄광문, "실버/재활 공학의 연구 동향 및 전망," 한국공업화학회지 제11권 제2호, pp.11-23, 2008.
- D. Marcuse, "Cuvature lose fomula for optical fibers," Journal of Optical Society of America, Vol. 66, No.3 pp. 216-220, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSA.66.000216
- D.A. Winter, "Biomechanics and Motor Control of Human Movement," 3rd edition, New York: Wiley & Sons, 2005.
- D.B. Chaffin, G.B.J. Andersson, and B.J. Martin, "Occupational Biomechanics," 4th edition, New York: Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- V. Louis, P. Le-Huy, J.M. Andre, M. Abiognoli, and Y. Granjon, "Optical Fiber Based Sensor for Angular Measurement in Rehabilitation," Systems Engineering in the Service of Humans, Vol. 1, pp. 153-157, 1999.
- S.T. West, C.L. Chen, "Optical fiber rotary displacement sensor," Journal of Applied Optics, Vol. 28, No. 19, pp. 4206-4209, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.28.004206
- R.D. Peters, "Capacitive angle sensor with infinte range," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 64, No. 3, pp. 810-813, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1144164
- R.E. Mayagonita, A.V. Nene, and P.H. Yeltink, "Accelerometer and rate gyroscope measurement of kinematics: an inexpensive alternate to optical motion analysis systems," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 35, pp. 537-542, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(01)00231-7
- M.R. Whittle, "Calibration and performance of a 3-dimensional television system for kinetic analysis, "Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 185-196(1982). https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(82)90251-2