- Volume 60 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Characteristic of Control Response of BLDC using a Fuzzy PI Controller
퍼지 PI 제어기를 사용한 BLDC 제어 응답특성
- Received : 2011.05.25
- Accepted : 2011.08.24
- Published : 2011.10.01
BLDC motor is used in a wide variety of industrial and servo applications. Its features and advantages mainly consist in high value of torque/inertia ratio, high efficiency with speed range and high dynamic performance. This paper deals with the speed control of a trapezoidal type brushless DC motor using Fuzzy PI controller. The conventional PI controller has been widely used in industrial applications. If we select a optimal PI control gain, the PI controller shows very good control performance. But it is very difficult to find the optimal PI control gain. Fuzzy control does not need any model of plant and is basically adaptive and gives robust performance for plant parameter variation. Therefore the combinations of conventional PI controller and fuzzy controller seem to be very effective. This paper deals with PI controller with 4-rule based fuzzy controller. The proposed fuzzy PI controller increases the control performance of the conventional PI controller. Simulation and experimental results show that fuzzy PI controller has a good robustness regarding the improper tuned PI controller.
- T.J.E Miller, "Design of Brushless Permanent Magnet Motors", Clarendon Press. Oxford, 1994.
- T. Kenjo S. Nagamori, "Permanent Magnet and Brushless DC Motors", Sogo Electronics Pub. co., 1984.
- R. calson et al., "Analysis of Torque Ripple due to Phase Commutation in Brushless DC Motor", Conf. Rec. on IAS Annual Meeting, 1990, pp 287-292.
- Carsten-Sunnke Berendsen, Gerard Champenois, and Alain Bolopion, "Commutation Strategies for Brushless DC Motors: Influence on Instant Torque", IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 2, April 1993, pp231-236. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.223976
- R. Carlson, A.A. Tavares and M. Lajoie-Mazenc, "The Analytical Determination of the Characteristics of Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motors", EPE, 1991, pp.468-471.
- Y, Murai et al., "Torque Ripple Improvement for Brushless DC Miniature Motors", IEEE Trans. on Industry Appl. Vol, 25, No. 3, pp441-450, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.31214