- Volume 1 Issue 1
An Analysis of User Satisfaction of K University's Library Service
DOI QR Code
Noh, Young-Hee;Choi, Min-Ju;Choi, Yong-Wog;Jeong, Sin-Won;Jung, Eun-Ji;Kang, Mi-So;Kim, Jin-Young;Lee, Kyung-Won;Lee, Sung-Jae;Oh, Seon-Hye;Park, So-Yeon;Shin, Sung-Chul;Suh, Da-Jeong
- 투고 : 2011.04.04
- 심사 : 2011.06.10
- 발행 : 2011.06.30
This study purposed to discover whether or not academic libraries reflect these changing roles. We selected K University as the research target and surveyed user satisfaction of materials, staff services, facilities, electronic devices, media, and so on. The research findings are as follows: 1) the frequency of library visits of University K was on the high side, 2) the primary purpose of using the academic library was associated with learning or reading, therefore, the most used library spaces were related to that, 3) the most used library materials were 'general books', the most unused were 'reference books', 4) the most preferred way to obtain needed materials when failing to find wanted materials was 'Contact librarian'. A similar phenomenon occurred in terms of facility use, 5) university K's users were usually satisfied with the loan policy, 6) the rate of users who don't know whether there is user education was very high, the rate of users who have no experience with user education was extremely low. These research findings can be referenced by library management to improve libraries' service quality and take advantage of complex spatial configurations.
Academic Library;User Satisfaction;Information Service;User Survey
- Choi, Eun Ju & Ryoo, Jong-Duk. (2005). An Evaluative Analysis of Service Accessibility on University Library Homepage. Journal of the Korean society for library and information science, 39(3), 245-261. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2005.39.3.245
- Gwak, Byeong Hui. (2007). Influential Factors on Users' Satisfaction of University Libraries in Korea. Society for Library and Information Science Journal, (9), 59-95.
- Kim, Gyu Hwan & Nam, Young-Joon. (2007). A Study on Influences of Academic Library Service Quality on the Satisfaction and the Loyalty of Users. Journal of the Korean society for library and information science, 41(2), 135-159. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2007.41.2.135
- Kim, Sun Ae. (2008). A Study on the User Satisfaction and Loyalty of University Library Users. Journal of the Korean society for library and information science, 42(3), 281-299. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2008.42.3.281
- Lee, Byeong Hee. (2003). A Study on the User Satisfaction of WWW service in University Library, Graduate School Kumoh National Institute of Technology.
- Min, Deul Re. (2008). A Study on space betterment of University Library to improve satisfaction. Dept. of Industrial.environment Design Graduate School of Management & Design Hanyang University.
- Nam, Young Joon, Moon, Jung-Hyun, & Yi, Hyun-Jung. (2009). A Study on User Satisfaction Research about Spacial Composition before and after Remodeling University Library Focused on C University Library. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 20(4), 205-222.
- Oh, Dong geun, & Kim, Sook-chan. (2006). A Study on the Behaviors and Customer Satisfactions of University Library Users of the Electronic. Journal of the Korean Society for information Management, 23(4), 129-146. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2006.23.4.129
- Oh, Dong geun & Park, Sang-Hoo. (2007). Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty of Academic Library Users Based on Their Perceptions of Library Service Quality. Journal of Information Management, 38(2), 105-126. https://doi.org/10.1633/JIM.2007.38.2.105
- Paik, Hang Ki. (2001). The Analyses of Customer Satisfaction Index on University Library Service. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 12(1), 43-64.
- Yu, A Reum. (2010). Customer Satisfaction Survey and Diagnostics Research in the Academic Library. Department of Library and Information Science Graduate School Chonnam National University.
- 1. A Study on the Relations between University Rankings by Korea Joongang Daily and Academic Library Evaluation Indicators in 2014 vol.26, pp.3, 2015, doi:10.5865/IJKCT.2011.1.1.061
- 2. A Study on the Recognition of Users and Librarians of Obstructive Factors in Online Reference Services vol.50, pp.1, 2016, doi:10.5865/IJKCT.2011.1.1.061
- 3. Role of Database Management Systems in Selected Engineering Institutions of Andhra Pradesh: An Analytical Survey vol.6, pp.1, 2016, doi:10.5865/IJKCT.2011.1.1.061