- Volume 11 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Statistical Analysis of Subjective Symptoms of Respiratory Disease and Factors Related to Prevalent Status among Dental Technicians
치과기공사의 호흡기 질환 자각증상과 유병상태 관련 요인
- Received : 2011.09.05
- Accepted : 2011.10.10
- Published : 2011.10.28
The purpose of this study was to determine the subjective symptoms of respiratory disease and factors related to prevalent status among dental technicians by analyzing the questionnaire data from 300 dental technicians in Seoul and GyeongGi-Do, using SPSS WIN 18.0 program. The results are followings; 1. There were significant differences among subjects in the normal complaints rate for cough by presence smoking, total career, and work days per week. 2. There was significant difference among subjects in the normal complaints rate for sputum only by work days per week.(P<0.05) 3. There were significant differences among subjects in the normal complaints rate for continuance of sputum or congestion by work days per week and required measures for improvement in pain. 4. There were significant differences among subjects in the normal complaints rates for blocked nose and coryza by sex, age, work days per week and average length of breaking time during working (P<0.05). 5. There were significant differences among subjects in the normal complaints rates for shortness of breath by sex, exercise frequency, average length of exercise, main job. 6. There was significant difference among subjects in the experience rate due to symptom of pulmonary disease only by main job.(P<0.05).
Dental technician;Respiratory Disease;Subjective Symptoms
- A. J. "Newman Taylor, Occupational asthma, Thorax", Vol.31, pp.241-245, 1980.
- J. L. Malo and C. Y. Moira, "Agents causing occupational asthma", 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2008.09.010
- W. C. Kim, "The experimental studies of the aspects of dust generated on dental laboratory technician's working and the effects of treatment," Master Thesis of Graduate School of Yonsei University, 1982.
- Industrial safety & health research institute, "Casebook of occupational disease," p.38, 2005.
- A. Nayebzadeh, and A, Dufresne, "Evaluation of exposure to methyl methacrylate along dental laboratory technicians," AIHAJ, Vol.60, pp.625-628, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/00028899908984482
- W. N, Rom, J. E. Lockey, J. S. Lee, A. C. Kimball, K. M. Bang, H. Leaman, R. E. Johns, D. Pettota, and H. L. Gibbons, "Pneumoconiosis and exposure of dental laboratory technicians," Am J Public Health Vol.74, pp.1252-1257, 1984. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.74.11.1252
- D. Choudat, "Occupational lung disease amon dental technicians," Tubercle Lung Dis, Vol.75, pp.99-104, 1994.
- A. I. Selden, B. Persson, S. I. Bornberger-Dankvardt, M. L. Winstr, and L. S. Bodin, "Ecposure to cobalt chromium dust and lung disorders in dental technicians," Thorax Vol.50, pp.769-772, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.50.7.769
- T. E. Barrett, G. G. Pietra, R. L. Maycock, M. D. Rossman, J. M. Minda, and L. W. Johns, "Acrylic resin pneumoconiosis : report of a case in a dental student," Am Rev Respir Dis, Vol.139, pp.841-843, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm/139.3.841
- M. J. Park, "An Analysis on the Factors Affecting Health Complaints of Dental Tec hnicians," Master Thesis of Graduate School of Kyungsan University, 1998.
- W. C. Kim, "Subjective Symptoms and Work-related Health Risk Factors in Korean Dental Laboratory Technicians," Dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Graduate School of Catholic University, 2000.
- Y. O. Ahn, B. J. Park, and I. H. Kwon, "A Comparative Study on Responses to Korean Version Questionaries on Respiratory Symptoms(I)-The comparative assessment of Translated the questionnaire responses aspects," The Korean Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol.15, pp.47-56, 1982.
- Y. O. Ahn, B. J. Park, and I. H. Kwon, "A Comparative Study on Responses to Korean Version Questionaries on Respiratory Symptoms(II)-Free open-sensitive questionnaires for Korea," The Korean Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol.15, pp.57-79, 1982.
- A. Selden, W. Sahle, L. Johansson, S. Sorenson, and B. Persson, "Three cases of dental technician's pneumoconiosis related to cobal t-cromium- molybdenu," dust exposure (dign osis and follow up), Chest Vol.109, pp.837-842, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.109.3.837
- D. W. Lee, "The adverse the effect of occurring in Dental laboratory technicians on lung tissue," The Journal of Korea Dental Technologist Association, Vol.7, No.1, pp.39-57, 1993.
- W. C. Kim and S. H. Lee, "Subhective Symptoms and Work-Related Health Risk Factors in Korean Dental Laboratory Technicians," The Journal of Korea Dental Technologist Association, Vol.22, No.1, pp.93-116, 2000.
- W. J. Choi and H. S. Jeong, "A research and study of Symptoms on Dental technicians' work Environment," Wonkwang Health Science University collection of health sciences research paper. Vol.3, No.1, pp.115-139, 2000.
- H. S. Jeong, "Dental technicians' complaint of subjective respiratory and musculoskeletal symptom and the relevant factors," Maste Thesis of Graduate School of Wonkwang University, 2001.
- Y. T. Kim, "Path Analysis of Factors Impacting on the Dental Technicians' Self Health Recognition," Master Thesis of Graduate School of Yeungnam University, 2006.
- Y. D. Park, "Impacting on Self-physical Symptoms of Dental Technicians in Factors," Master Thesis of Graduate School of Yeungnam University, 2005.
- E. Choi, E. J. Kwon, and K. S. Song "Research on the Images and Preference of Work Values of the Dental Laboratory Technician," J. of Contents Association, Vol.9, No.1, pp.1-483, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.1.339
- B. W. Min and Y. S. Oh "Improvement of Personalized Diagnosis Method for U-Health," J. of Contents Association, Vol.10, No.10, pp.1-493, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.10.10.054