- Volume 22 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Mutual Inductance Calculation and Analysis between Two Circular Coils of Perpendicular Arrangement
수직 배열된 원형 코일 사이의 상호 인덕턴스 계산 및 해석
- Published : 2011.10.31
In this paper, calculation method of mutual inductance for two circular coils which are widely used in wireless power transfer system and analysis results using the method are proposed. Two circular coils are arranged in a perpendicular way. For calculation of the mutual inductance, an Rx coil placed perpendicularly with the other coil is uniformly subdivided into many unit cells and both magnetic flux density linked with the Rx coil at each unit cell and the total magnetic flux density of the Rx coil are obtained. Two circular coils are considered as a filamentary coil and uniform current density on each coil is assumed. For verification, helical and spiral coils are fabricated. As a result of measurement in 50 cm to 100 cm distance, theoretical mutual inductance is almost agreed with measured one.
Circular Coil;Mutual Inductance;Perpendicular Arrangement;Wireless Power Transfer
- A. Kurs, A. Karalis, R. Moffatt, J. D. Joannopoulos, P. Fisher, and M. Soljacic, "Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances", Science express, vol. 317, Jul. 2007.
- A. P. Sample, D. T. Meyer, and J. R. Smith, "Analysis, experimental results, and range adaptation of magnetically coupled resonators for wireless power transfer", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 544-554, 2010.
- 김진욱, 지현호, 최연규, 윤영현, 김관호, 박영진, "자기 공명 무선 전력 전송 시스템에서 공진 코일의 배열에 관한 연구", 한국전자파학회논문지, 21(6), 2010년 6월. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2010.21.6.564
- Jinwook Kim, Hyeon-Chang Son, Kwan-Ho Kim, and Young-Jin Park, "Efficiency analysis of magnetic resonance wireless power transfer with intermediate resonant coil", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 389-392, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2011.2150192
- R. H. Good, "Elliptic integrals, the forgotten functions", European Journal of Physics, vol. 22, pp.119-126, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1088/0143-0807/22/2/303
- A. Karalis, "Novel photonic phenomena in nanostructured material systems with applications and midrange efficient insensitive wireless energy-transfer", Doctorial Dissertation in MIT, pp. 111-146, 2008.