- Volume 35 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Classification of Consumer Review Information Based on Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction with Availability/Non-availability of Information
구매후기 정보의 충족/미충족에 따른 소비자의 만족/불만족 인식 및 구매후기 정보의 유형화
- Hong, Hee-Sook (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Jeju National University)
- 홍희숙 (제주대학교 의류학과)
- Received : 2011.05.19
- Accepted : 2011.07.19
- Published : 2011.09.30
This study identified the types of consumer review information about apparel products based on consumer satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the availability/non-availability of consumer review information for online stores. Data were collected from 318 females aged 20s' to 30s', who had significant experience in reading consumer reviews posted on online stores. Consumer satisfaction/dissatisfaction with availability or non-availability of review information on online stores is different for information in regards to apparel product attributes, product benefits, and store attributes. According to the concept of quality elements suggested by the Kano model, two types of consumer review information were determined: Must-have information (product attribute information about size, fabric, color and design of the apparel product; benefit information about washing & care and comport of the apparel product; store attribute information about responsiveness, disclosure, delivery and after service of the store) and attracting information (attribute information about price comparison; benefit information about coordination with other items, fashionability, price discounts, value for price, reaction from others, emotion experienced during transaction, symbolic features for status, health functionality, and eco-friendly feature; store attribute information about return/refund, damage compensation and reputation/credibility of online store and interactive and dynamic nature of reviews among customers). There were significant differences between the high and low involvement groups in their perceptions of consumer review information.
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단
- Chevalier, J. A., & Mayzlin, D. (2006). The effect of word of mouth on sales: Online book reviews. Journal of Marketing Research, 43(3), 345-354. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.43.3.345
- Choi, E. Y. (2004). A study on the contents and consumers' recognition of clothing product evaluation statements in the internet apparel shopping mall. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 12(6), 984-998.
- Churchill, G. A., & Surprenant, C. (1982). An investigation into the determinants of customer satisfaction. Journal of Marketing Research, 19(4), 491-504. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151722
- Dholakia, U. M. (2001). A motivational process model of product involvement and consumer risk perception. European Journal of Marketing, 35(11/12), 1340-1360. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000006479
- Forsythe, S. M., & Shi, B. (2003). Consumer patronage and risk perceptions in internet shopping. Journal of Business Re-search, 56(11), 867-875.
- Gauri, D. K., Bhatnagar, A., & Rao, R. (2008). Role of word of mouth in online store loyalty. Communications of the ACM, 51(3), 89-91. https://doi.org/10.1145/1325555.1325572
- Hempel, D. J. (1977). Consumer satisfaction with the home buying process: conceptualization and measurement. In H. K. Hunt (Ed.), The conceptualization of satisfaction and dissatisfaction (pp. 275-299). MA: Marketing Science Institute.
- Henning-Thurau, T., Gwinner, K. P., Walsh, G., & Gremler, D. D. (2004). Electronic word of mouth via consumer-opinion platforms: What motives consumers to articulate themselves on the internet? Journal of Interactive Marketing, 18(1), 38-52. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.10073
- Hong, B. S., Lee, E. J., & Cho, M. A. (2009). The effect of purchase reviews on the trust, satisfaction commitment, and repurcnase intention of consumer in Internet shopping mails. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(11), 1817-1827. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.11.1817
- Hong, H. S., & Jin, I. K. (2011). An exploratory study of important information on consumer reviews in Internet shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(7), 761-774. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.7.761
- Jin, I. K. (2010). Difference in the importance and usage of consumer review information according to involvement with apparel products. Unpublished master's thesis, Jeju National University, Jeju.
- Kano, N., Seraku, N., Takahashi, F., & Tsuji, S. (1984). Attractive quality and must-be quality. The Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, 14(2), 39-48.
- Lee, S. A., & Chung, S. J. (2000). A study on consumers' risk recognition regarding purchase of apparel goods through Internet. Journal of Fashion Business, 4(4), 97-106.
- Oliver, R. L. (1977). Effect of expectation and disconfirmation on post exposure product evaluations: An alternative interpretation. Journal of Applied Psychology, 62(4), 480-486. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.62.4.480
- Oliver R. L. (1980). A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions. Journal of Marketing Research, 17(4), 460-469. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- Park, J. H., & Stole, L. (2002). Apparel shopping on the Internet: Information availability on apparel merchant websites. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 6(2), 158-176. https://doi.org/10.1108/13612020210429908
- Petty, R. E., Cacioppo, J. T., & Schumann, D. (1983). Central and peripheral routes to advertising effectiveness: The moderating role of involvement. Journal of Consumer Research, 10(2), 135-146. https://doi.org/10.1086/208954
- Son, J. A., & Rhee, E. Y. (2007). The effects of information characteristics (direction, consensus) on word-of-mouth performance in online apparel shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(8), 1157-1167. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.8.1157
- Zaichkowsky, J. L. (1985). Measuring the involvement construct. Journal of Consumer Research, 12, 341-352. https://doi.org/10.1086/208520
- 2010 annual and 4th quarter e-commerce and cyber shopping trend report. (2011, February 25). Statistics Korea. Retrieved April 28, 2011, from http://kosis.kr/metadata/
- Impact of Review Characteristics on Female Consumer Perceptions of Review Usefulness and Patronage Intent of Online Stores Hosting the Reviews vol.40, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2016.40.6.994