- Volume 35 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Pressure Analysis of the Plantar Musculoskeletal Fascia Using a Fine Finite-Element Model
인체 족부 근골격계 상세 유한요소모델링을 통한 족저압 해석
- Jeon, Seong-Mo (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Cheol (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2011.04.18
- Accepted : 2011.07.04
- Published : 2011.10.01
The A detailed 3D finite-element analysis model of a human foot has been developed by converting CT scan images to 3D CAD models in order to analyze the distribution of plantar pressure. The 3D foot model includes all muscles, bones, and skin. On the basis of this model and the pressure distribution results, shoes for diabetes patients, which can make the plantar pressure distribution uniform, may be designed through finite-element contact analysis.
- Cheung, T.-M., Zhang, M. and An, K. N., 2006, "Effect of Achilles Tendon Loading on Plantar Fascia Tension in the Standing Foot," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 21, pp. 194-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2005.09.016
- Nakamura, S., Crownishield, R. D. and Cooper R. D., 1981, "An Analysis of Soft Tissue Loading in the Foot - A Preliminary Report," Bull Prosth Res, Vol. 18, pp. 27-34.
- Gefen, A. 2002, "Stress Analysis of the Standing Foot Following Surgical Plantar Ffascia Rrelease," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 35, pp. 629-637. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(01)00242-1
- Seo, J. T. and Yi, B. J. 2009, "Modeling and Analysis of a Biomimetic Foot Mechanism," Journal of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 521-528.
- Cheung, T. M., Zhang, M. and An, K. N., 2006, "Effect of Achilles Tendon Loading on Plantar Fascia Tension in the Standing Foot," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 21, pp. 194-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2005.09.016
- Hodge, M. C., Bach, T. M. and Carter, G. m., 1999, "Orthotic Management of Plantar Pressure and Pain in Rheumatoid Arthritis," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 14, pp. 567-575. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(99)00034-0
- Kim, I. M. and Lee, I. M. 2008, "Bio-Medical Engineering Applications Using Mimics S/W," proceedings of the KSME Spring Annual Meeting, pp. 106-107.
- Cheung, J. T.., Zhang, M., Leung, A. K. and Fan, Y. B., 2005, "Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of the Foot During Standing — A Material Sensitivity Study," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 38, pp. 1045-1054. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.05.035
- NASTRAN, NASTRAN Release 2010.1.3 documentation.
- Mooney, M., 1940, "A Theory of Large Elastic Deformation," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 11, pp. 582-592. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1712836
- Cheung, J. T. and Zhang, M. 2006, "Finite Element Modeling of the Human Foot and Footwear," ABAQUS Users' Conference.
- Antunes, P. J., Dias, G. R., Coelho, A. T., Rebelo, F. and Pereira, T. "Non-Linear Finite Element Modelling of Anatomically Detailed 3D Foot Model," Materialise, leuven, Belgium.
- Zhang, M. and Mak, A. F. T. 1999, "In Vivo Friction Properties of Human Skin," Prosthetics and Orthotics International, Vol. 23, pp. 135-141.