- Volume 35 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Plastic Limit Loads for Slanted Circumferential Through-Wall Cracked Pipes Using 3D Finite-Element Limit Analyses
3차원 유한요소 한계해석을 이용한 원주방향 경사관통균열 배관의 소성한계하중
- Jang, Hyun-Min (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Cho, Doo-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Jin (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Huh, Nam-Su (School of Mechanical Design & Automation Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Shim, Do-Jun (Engineering Mechanics Corporation of Columbus) ;
- Choi, Young-Hwan (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety) ;
- Park, Jung-Soon (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety)
- 장현민 (성균관대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 조두호 (성균관대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 김영진 (성균관대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 허남수 (서울과학기술대학교 기계설계자동화공학부) ;
- 심도준 ;
- 최영환 (한국원자력안전기술원) ;
- 박정순 (한국원자력안전기술원)
- Received : 2011.05.23
- Accepted : 2011.07.15
- Published : 2011.10.01
On the basis of detailed 3D finite-element (FE) limit analyses, the plastic limit load solutions for pipes with slanted circumferential through-wall cracks (TWCs) subjected to axial tension, global bending, and internal pressure are reported. The FE model and analysis procedure employed in the present numerical study were validated by comparing the present FE results with existing solutions for plastic limit loads of pipes with idealized TWCs. For the quantification of the effect of slanted crack on plastic limit load, slant correction factors for calculating the plastic limit loads of pipes with slanted TWCs from pipes with idealized TWCs are newly proposed from extensive 3D FE calculations. These slant-correction factors are presented in tabulated form for practical ranges of geometry and for each set of loading conditions.
Supported by : 한국원자력안전기술원
- USNRC, 1984, "Evaluation of Potential for Pipe Break," NUREG-1061, Volume 3.
- Yoo, Y. S., Ahn, S. H. and Ando, K., 1998, "Fatigue Crack Growth and Penetration Behaviours in Pipes Subjected to Bending Moment," ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, Vol. 371, pp. 63-70.
- Brickstad, B. and Sattari-Far, I., 2000, "Crack Shape Developments for LBB Applications," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 67, pp. 625-646. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(00)00077-1
- Huh, N. S., Shim, D. J., Choi, S., Wilkowski G. M. and Yang, J. S., 2008, "Stress Intensity Factors for Slanted Through-Wall Cracks Based on Elastic Finite Element Analyses," Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, Vol. 31, pp. 197-209. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.2008.01215.x
- Private Communication with Bjorn Brickstad
- ABAQUS/CAE version 6.7. 2007, SIMULIA.
- Huh, N. S. and Kim, Y. J., 2006, "Plastic Limit Loads for Through-Wall Cracked Pipes Using 3-D Finite Element Limit Analyses," Transaction of the KSME(A), Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 568-575. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2006.30.5.568