- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Random Generation of the Social Network with Several Communities
- Huh, Myung-Hoe (Department of Statistics, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Yong-Goo (Department of Statistics, ChungAng University)
- Received : 20110600
- Accepted : 20110600
- Published : 2011.09.30
A community of the social network refers to the subset of nodes linked more densely among them than to others. In this study, we propose a Monte-Carlo method for generating random social unipartite and bipartite networks with two or more communities. Proposed random networks can be used to verify the small world phenomenon of the social networks with several communities.
- Barabasi, A.-L. and Albert, R. (1999). Emergence of scaling in random networks, Science, 286, 509-512. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.286.5439.509
- Erdos, P. and Renyi, A. (1959). On random graphs I, Publicationes Mathematicae Debrecen, 6, 290-297.
- Leskovec, J., Kleinberg, J. and Faloutsos, C. (2005). Graphs over time: densification laws, shrinking diameters and possible explanations, KDD '05: Proceeding of the Eleventh ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery in Data Mining, 177-187.
- Newman, M. E. J. (2004). Fast algorithm for detecting community structure in networks, Physical Review, E 69, 066133. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.69.066133
- Travers, J. and Milgram, S. (1969). An experimental study of the small world problem, Sociometry, 32, 425-443. https://doi.org/10.2307/2786545
- Wasserman, S. and Faust, K. (1994). Social Network Analysis: Methods and Applications, Cambridge University Press, New York.
- Watts, D. J. and Strogatz, S. H. (1998). Collective dynamics of small world networks, Nature, 393, 440-442. https://doi.org/10.1038/30918
- Fuzzy k-Means Local Centers of the Social Networks vol.19, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2012.19.2.213