- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Estimation in an Exponentiated Half Logistic Distribution under Progressively Type-II Censoring
- Kang, Suk-Bok (Department of Statistics, Yeungnam University) ;
- Seo, Jung-In (Department of Statistics, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 20110400
- Accepted : 20110700
- Published : 2011.09.30
In this paper, we derive the maximum likelihood estimator(MLE) and some approximate maximum likelihood estimators(AMLEs) of the scale parameter in an exponentiated half logistic distribution based on progressively Type-II censored samples. We compare the proposed estimators in the sense of the mean squared error(MSE) through a Monte Carlo simulation for various censoring schemes. We also obtain the AMLEs of the reliability function.
- Alaboud, F. M. (2009). Bayesian estimations for the extreme value distribution using progressive censored data and asymmetric loss, International Mathematical Forum, 8, 1603-1622.
- Arora, S. H., Bhimani, G. C. and Patel, M. N. (2010). Some results on maximum likelihood estimators of parameters of generalized half logistic distribution under Type-I progressive censoring with changing, International Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Sciences, 5, 685-698.
- Balakrishnan, N. (1989). Approximate MLE of the scale parameter of the Rayleigh distribution with censoring, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 38, 355-357. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.44181
- Balakrishnan, N. and Kannan, N. (2001). Point and interval estimation for the logistic distribution based on progressively Type-II censored samples, In Handbook of Statistics, Balakrishnan, N. and Rao, C. R., Eds., 20, 431-456.
- Balakrishnan, N., Kannan, N., Lin, C. T. and Ng, H. K. T. (2003). Point and interval estimation for Gaussian distribution based on progressively Type-II censored samples, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 52, 90-95. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.2002.805786
- Balakrishnan, N., Kannan, N., Lin, C. T. and Wu, S. J. S. (2004). Inference for the extreme value distribution under progressively Type-II censoring, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 74, 25-45. https://doi.org/10.1080/0094965031000105881
- Balakrishnan, N. and Puthenpura, N. (1986). Best linear unbiased estimators of location and scale parameters of the half logistic distribution, Journal of Statistics and Computer Simulation, 25, 193-204. https://doi.org/10.1080/00949658608810932
- Balakrishnan, N. and Sandhu, R. A. (1995). A simple simulational algorithm for generating progressively Type-II censored samples, The American Statistician, 49, 229-230. https://doi.org/10.2307/2684646
- Balakrishnan, N. andWong, K. H. T. (1991). Approximate MLEs for the location and scale parameters of the half-logistic distribution with Type-II right censoring, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 40, 140-145. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.87114
- Han, J. T. and Kang, S. B. (2008). Estimation for the double Rayleigh distribution based on multiply Type-II censored samples, Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 15, 367-378. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2008.15.3.367
- Kang, S. B., Cho, Y. S. and Han, J. T. (2008). Estimation for the half logistic distribution under progressively Type-II censoring, Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 15, 815-823. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2008.15.6.815
- Kang, S. B., Cho, Y. S. and Han, J. T. (2009). Estimation for the half logistic distribution based on double hybrid censored samples, Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 16, 1055-1066. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2009.16.6.1055
- Lee, H. J., Han, J. T. and Kang, S. B. (2008). Estimation for a triangular distribution based on multiply Type-II censored samples, Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 19, 319-330.
- Lin, C. T., Wu, S. J. S. and Balakkrishnan, N. (2006). Inference for log- gamma distribution based on progressively Type-II censored data, Communication in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 35, 1271-1292. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610920600692789
- Nelson, W. B. (1982). Applied Life Data Analysis, John Willey & Sons, New York.
- Seo, E. H. and Kang, S. B. (2007). AMLEs for Rayleigh distribution based on progressively Type-II censored data, The Korean Communications in Statistics, 14, 329-344. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2007.14.2.329
- Predictions for Progressively Type-II Censored Failure Times from the Half Triangle Distribution vol.21, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5351/CSAM.2014.21.1.093
- Estimation for generalized half logistic distribution based on records vol.23, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2012.23.6.1249
- Notes on the exponentiated half logistic distribution vol.39, pp.21, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2015.01.039
- Parameter and reliability estimation for an exponentiated half-logistic distribution under progressive type II censoring vol.84, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1080/00949655.2012.762366
- Estimation for Two-Parameter Generalized Exponential Distribution Based on Records vol.20, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5351/CSAM.2013.20.1.029
- Bayesian analysis of an exponentiated half-logistic distribution under progressively type-II censoring vol.24, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2013.24.6.1455
- Generalized half-logistic Poisson distributions vol.24, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5351/CSAM.2017.24.4.353
- An Analysis of Record Statistics based on an Exponentiated Gumbel Model vol.20, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5351/CSAM.2013.20.5.405