- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Coverage Growth Functions
- Park, Joong-Yang (Department of Information and Statistics, RINS and RICI, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Lee, Gye-Min (Department of Information and Statistics, RINS and RICI, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kim, Seo-Yeong (Department of Information and Statistics, Graduate School, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 20110500
- Accepted : 20110800
- Published : 2011.09.30
A recent trend in software reliability engineering accounts for the coverage growth behavior during testing. The coverage growth function (representing the coverage growth behavior) has become an essential component of software reliability models. Application of a coverage growth function requires the estimation of the coverage growth function. This paper considers the problem of estimating the coverage growth function. The existing maximum likelihood method is reviewed and corrected. A method of minimizing the sum of squares of the standardized prediction error is proposed for situations where the maximum likelihood method is not applicable.
- Crespo, A. N., Pasquini, A., Jino, M. and Maldonado, J. C. (2008). A binomial software reliability model based on coverage of structural testing criteria, Empirical Software Engineering, 13, 185-209. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10664-007-9055-3
- Crespo, A. N., Pasquini, A., Jino, M. and Maldonado, J. C. (2009). Applying code coverage approach to an infinite failure software reliability model, In Proceedings of 23rd Brazilian Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, 216-226.
- Fujiwara, T., Inoue, S. and Yamada, S. (2005). A software reliability growth model with module composition, In Proceedings of 11th International Society of Science and Applied Technologies, 266-270.
- Fujiwara, T. and Yamada, S. (2002). Co coverage-measure and testing-domain metrics based on a software reliability growth model, International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering, 9, 329-340. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218539302000871
- Gokhale, S. S. and Mullen, R. E. (2004). From test count to code coverage using the lognormal failure rate, In Proceedings of 15th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, 295-305. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISSRE.2004.20
- Gokhale, S. S., Philip, T., Marinos, P. N. and Trivedi, K. S. (1996). Unification of finite failure non-homogeneous Poisson process models through test coverage, Proceedings of 7th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, 299-307. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISSRE.1996.558886
- Lyu, M. R. (1996). Handbook of Software Reliability Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Malaiya, Y. K., Li, M. N., Bieman, J. M. and Karcich, R. (2002). Software reliability growth and test coverage, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 51, 420-426. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.2002.804489
- Musa, J. D. (1999). Software Reliability Engineering: More Reliable Faster Development and Testing, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Musa, J. D., Iannino, A. and Okumoto, K. (1987). Software Reliability: Measurement, Prediction, Application, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Park, J.-Y. and Fujiwara, T. (2006). Coverage growth functions for software reliability modeling, Proceedings of 2nd Asian International Workshop on Advanced Reliability Modeling, 435-442.
- Park, J.-Y., Lee, G. and Park, J. H. (2007). A class of discrete time coverage growth functions for software reliability engineering, Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 14, 497-506. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2007.14.3.497
- Park, J.-Y., Lee, G. and Park, J. H. (2008a). A class of coverage growth functions and its practical application, Journal of the Korean Statistical Society, 37, 241-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jkss.2008.01.002
- Park, J.-Y., Lee, G. and Park, J. H. (2008b). A general coverage-based NHPP SRGM framework, Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 15, 875-881. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2008.15.6.875
- Pasquini, A., Crespo, A. N. and Martella, P. (1996). Sensitivity of reliability-growth models to operational profile errors vs testing accuracy, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 45, 531-540. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.556576
- Pham, H. and Zhang, X. (2003). NHPP software reliability and cost models with testing coverage, European Journal of Operational Research, 145, 443-454. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00181-9