- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Control of relative humidity in the static bag emission test method by adding water and its effect on formaldehyde emission intensity
백을 이용한 정적 방출시험 방법에서 수분공급을 통한 상대습도조절과 포름알데하이드의 방출강도에 미치는 영향
- Park, Cheol-Soon (Department of Environmental Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Yoo, Ji-Ho (Department of Environmental Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Man-Goo (Department of Environmental Science, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2011.05.12
- Accepted : 2011.08.11
- Published : 2011.08.25
Rapid screening method for the determination of the emissions of pollutants from vehicle interior parts and materials have been developed as ISO 12219-2 which is using bag and based on a static condition. The method was not controlled humidity in the test bag, so it is not suitable test method for formaldehyde emission test which is highly related to humidity condition. In this study, possibility of control humidity in the static test bag by adding extra water and the effect of humidity condition for formaldehyde emissions have been investigated. The relative humidity in the test bag was affected not only amount of water added also material of test bag and test specimen. The emission intensity of formaldehyde was increased according to increasing relative humidity in test bag. But excessively supplied water was condensed on the inner surface of test bag and surface of sample specimen that were sorption formaldehyde and were reduced its emission intensity.
- W.-K. Jo and C.-H. Yu, Environ. Res., 86(1), 66-72 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1006/enrs.2001.4257
- W. L. Lau and L. Y. Chan, Sci. Total Environ., 308, 143-55 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(02)00647-2
- L. Y. Chan and W. L. Lau, Environ. Intern., 29, 429-435 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-4120(02)00189-7
- M. Riediker, R. Williams, R. Devlin, T. Griggs and P. Bromberg, Environ. Sci. Technol., 37, 2084-93 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1021/es026264y
- T. Yoshida and I. Matsunaga, Indoor and Built Environment, 15(5), 425-444 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1177/1420326X06069395
- T. Yoshida and I. Matsunaga, Environ. Intern., 32, 58-79 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2005.04.009
- T. Yoshida and I. Matsunaga, Indoor Built Environ., 15(5), 445-462 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1177/1420326X06069462
- B. Ryang, S.-D. Kim and S.-K. Park, Korean Soci. Environ. Health, 32(4), 292-303 (2006).
- H. Cho, J.-M. Choi and W.-J. Kim, Korean Society of Environmental Health, 13(4), 283-289 (2006).
- C. Van Netten, C. Shirtliffe and J. Svec, Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 42, 558-565 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01700238
- D. R. Spiner and R. K. Hoffman, American Society for Microbiology, 22(6), 1138-1140 (1971).
- L. Jing and L. Zhong, Chinese J. Chemi. Eng., 16(6), 871-875 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1004-9541(09)60008-2
- X. Liu, M. Masonm, Z. Guo, K. Krebs and N. Roache, In Proceedings, 2009 Healthy Buildings International Conference, ISIAQ, Syracuse, NY (2009).
- T. Godish and J. Rouch, American Industrial Hygiene Association J., 47(12), 792-797 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1080/15298668691390674
- W.-T. Kwon, Korean J. Sanitation, 9(1), 67-75 (1994).
- A. Berge and B. Mellegaard, Holz als Roh und Werkstoff, 38, 251-255 (1980). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02616395
- T. Godish and J. Rouch, JAPCA, 35(11), 1186-1187 (1985).
- The effect of relative humidity on the performance of DNPH-cartridge sampling for odorous aldehydes vol.25, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2012.25.1.050