- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of volatile organic compounds emitted from door-trim armrest using micro chamber and 20 L static chamber
마이크로 챔버와 20 L static chamber를 이용한 도어트림 암레스트로부터 방출되는 휘발성 유기화합물 평가
- Received : 2011.05.30
- Accepted : 2011.08.12
- Published : 2011.08.25
In present, evaluation method for car cabin air quality has been developed in ISO, China, Japan. Also The management standard for new produced car has been applied since 1, July, 2010. To manage car cabin air quality, It is important to evaluate VOC emitted from interior material. In this study, complete component of door trim armrest was evaluated in accordance with ISO 12219-5, cut component was evaluated in accordance with ISO 12219-3. The vapour gas was collected with stainless tube packed with Tenax TA and analyzed with TD-GC/MS. It was confirmed that emission rate of each compounds was difficult in each evaluation method. As a result, to evaluating each components composing door trim armrest, main sources of emitting VOCs in door trim armrest were PP substrate and adhesive.
door trim armrest;micro chamber;static chamber;car interior component;cabin air quality
- J. S. Grabbs, R. L. Corsi and V. M. Torres, Volatile organic compounds in new automobiles: screening assessment. J. Environ. Eng., 126(10), 974-977 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(2000)126:10(974)
- M. J. Fedoruk and B. D. Kerger, Measurement of volatile organic compounds inside automobiles. J. Expo. Anal. Environ. Epidemiol., 13, 31-41 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jea.7500250
- T. Yoshida and I. Matsunaga, A case study on identification of airborne organic compounds and time courses of their concentrations in the cabin of a new car for private use. Environ. Int, 32(1), 58-79 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2005.04.009
- Y. C. Chien, Sci. Total Environ., 382, 228-239 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2007.04.022
- J. E. Jacobs and M. A. Polster, Measurement and analysis of volatile organic compound emissions from new vehicle interiors. SAE Int., 2010.
- ISO/DIS 12219-1. Indoor air of road vehicles-part 1: Whole vehicle test chamber specification and method for the determination of volatile organic compounds in cabin interiors, 2010.
- J. H. Yoo, Development of test method of volatile organic compounds emitted from unit part based car trim components. Kang-Won national Univ, 2011.
- ISO/CD 12219-3. Indoor air of road vehicles-Screening method for the determination of the emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC) from car trim components-Part 3: Micro-scale chamber method, 2010.
- T. Schripp, B. Nachtwey, J. Toelke, T. Salthammer, E. Uhde, M. Wensing and M. Bahadir, Anal Bioanal Chem., 387, 1907-1919 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-006-1057-2
- Adsorption of volatile organic compounds using activated carbon fiber filter in the automobiles vol.15, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5714/CL.2014.15.3.203