- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on the relationship between concentration of phosphorus, turbidity, and pH in water and soil
물과 토양에서 인의 농도, 탁도 그리고 pH와의 관계에 관한 연구
- Min, Young-Hong (Water Technology Research Institute, Daejeon Waterwork Authority) ;
- Hyun, Dae-Yoeung (Water Technology Research Institute, Daejeon Waterwork Authority) ;
- Eum, Chul-Hun (Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources) ;
- Lee, Seung-Ho (Department of Chemistry, Hannam University)
- Received : 2011.07.26
- Accepted : 2011.08.03
- Published : 2011.08.25
In this research, behaviour of turbidity and phosphorus in water and soil dependent upon pH and a change of water was studied. Phosphorus dissolve rate from turbidity was increased for water if potential of hydrogen was less than pH 4 or more than pH 7. Turbidity release rate from soil was increased with pH. Turbidity release rate from soil was drastically increased for water if potential of hydrogen was more than pH 4. turbidity release rate from soil was stabilized more than pH 6. Dissolved phosphorus was increased from 2 hours to 24 hours and stabilized in 24 hours. Turbidity was reached the peak of 24 hours and decreased from 24 hours to 96 hours. Turbidity and dissolved phosphorus was decreased for water if these samples were changed a overlying water. Behaviour of turbidity was analogous to dissolved phosphorus when potential of hydrogen was increased from pH 6 to pH 10 and a change of overlying water was increased from 1 time to 4 times. These results suggest that phosphorus dissolve rate and turbidity were directiy correlated with pH. These results are of great importance in lakes because most lakes have a pH in the range of pH 7-10.
turbidity;overlying water;dissolved phosphorus;DP;NTU
- E. H. Kim and H. S. Kim, Korean J. Sanitation, 17(1), 75-80 (2002).
- J. A. Lee, J. J. Lee, M. N. Lee and S. U. Cheon, Geum River Enviroment Research Center.National Institute of Enviromental Reserach, Annual Report (2009).
- S. J. Lee and K. G. An, Korean J. Limnol. 43(1), 136-141 (2010).
- Ministry of Enviroment Republic of Korea notification-2009-255 (2009.10.29).
- Ministry of Enviroment Republic of Korea notification-2010-48 (2010.04.29.).
- Ministry of Enviroment Republic of Korea notification-2010-88 (2010.07.14.).
- Standard Methods, For the Examination of Water and Wasterwater, Sixteenth Edition, American Public Health Association.
- W. H. Jung and G. H. Kim, J. of KSEE, 28(5), 472-479 (2006).
- Remediation of Sediments using Micro-bubble vol.38, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2016.38.8.420
- Relationship between Concentration of Phosphorus, Turbidity, and pH in Water and Soil under Aerobic and Anaerobic Conditions vol.54, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2011.037
- Investigation of Nutrient Release from the Sediments Near Weir in the Namhan River vol.35, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.8.554