- Volume 35 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Development of Evaluation Technique for Hydrogen Embrittlement Behavior of Metallic Materials Using in-situ SP Testing under Pressurized Hydrogen Gas Conditions
고압수소가스하 in-situ SP시험법을 사용한 금속재료의 수소취화거동 평가기법 개발
- Received : 2010.12.14
- Accepted : 2011.08.30
- Published : 2011.11.01
Recently, alternative and novel energy resources have been developed for use in the future because of the current environmental problems and exhaustion of fossil energy resources. Hydrogen energy has many merits, such as its environmental friendliness, easy storage, and easy production, but it also has disadvantages, in that it is highly combustible and explosive. In this study, a test procedure using a simple SP test under highly pressurized hydrogen gas conditions was established. In order to evaluate its applicability, SP tests were carried out using a stainless steel (SUS316L) sample under atmospheric, pressurized helium, and pressurized hydrogen gas conditions. The results under the pressurized hydrogen gas condition showed fissuring and produced a reduction of the elongation in the plastic instability region due to hydrogen embrittlement, showing the effectiveness of the current in-situ SP test.
in-situ SP Test;Hydrogen Embrittlement;SUS316L;Pressurized Hydrogen Gas Condition
- Michler, T., Lee, Y., Gangloff, R. P. and Naumann, J., 2009, "Influence of Macro Segregation on Hydrogen Environment Embrittlement of SUS 316L Stainless Steel," Int.J. Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 34, pp. 3201-3209. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2009.02.015
- Zhang, L., Wen, M., Imade, M., Fukuyama, S. and Yokogawa, K., "Effect of Nickel Equivalent on Hydrogen Gas Embrittlement of Austenitic Stainless Steels based on Type 316 at Low Temperatures," Acta Mater., Vol. 56, pp. 3414-3421
- Jang, S.-Y. and Yoon, K.-B., 2009, "Study on Hydrogen Embrittlement for API 5L X65 Steel Using Small Punch Test I : Base Metal," Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 49-55.
- Jang, S.-Y. and Yoon, K.-B., 2009, "Study on Hydrogen Embrittlement for API 5L X65 Steel Using Small Punch Test I : Weld Metal," Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 56-62.
- Ogata, T., 2007, "Hydrogen Embrittlement Evaluation in Tensile Properties of Stainless Steels at cryogenic Temperatures," Adv. Cryo. Eng., Vol. 54, pp. 124-131
- Ogata, T., 2008, "Evaluation of Hydrogen Embrittlement by Internal High-Pressure Hydrogen Environment in Specimen," J. Jpn. Inst. Met. Vol. 72, pp. 125-131. https://doi.org/10.2320/jinstmet.72.125
- Lee, Y.-H., Lee, H. M., Kim, Y.-I. and Nahm, S.-H., 2011, "Mechanical Degradation of API X65 Pipeline Steel by Exposure to Hydrogen Gas," Metals Materials Int., Vol. 17, pp. 389-395. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-011-0614-1
- Kim, J. K., Lee, J. K., Yoon, K. B. and Chung, S. H., 1991, "Study on Evaluation by Small Punch Test for Material Degradation of Steam Tubes of Fossil Electric Power Plant," Trans. of the KSME, Vol. 15, pp.1665-1673.
- Fujii, H. and Ohmiya, S., 2009, "Effects of Ni and Cr Contents on Hydrogen Environmental Embrittlement in Type 316 based Stainless Steels," J. High Pressure Institute of Japan, Vol. 47, pp. 85-94.
- Michler, T. and Naumann, J., 2009, "Coatings to Reduce Hydrogen Environment Embrittlement of 304 Austenitic Stainless Steel," Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 203, pp. 1819-1828. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2009.01.013
- Influence of Punch Velocity on Gas Hydrogen Embrittlement Behaviors in SA372 Steel vol.37, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1497
- A Study on the VHCF Fatigue Behaviors of Hydrogen Attacked Inconel 718 Alloy vol.40, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.7.637
- Very High Cycle Fatigue Behaviors and Surface Crack Growth Mechanism of Hydrogen-Embrittled AISI 304 Stainless Steels vol.09, pp.04, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4236/msa.2018.94027
Supported by : 한국표준과학연구원