- Volume 35 Issue 11
The reducer of the mixer is one of the main parts of the processor used for water and wastewater treatment. In this study, an advanced reducer with a drywell structure was developed in order to prevent oil leakage during operation in the field. During the development of the advanced reducer prototype, a mockup, a metal mold, and a cast were made using CAD and a CNC machine. The structural safety of the reducer prototype's lower housing (drywell structure) was checked using the ALGOR commercial FEM analysis code, which yielded a von Mises stress of about 123 N/mm2, which is below the yield stress of 250 N/
Torque Efficiency;Geared Motor;Drywell Type;Mixer;Reducer
- Korea Water Resources Company, 2010, "Clean water for a Healthy World," www.kwater.or.kr
- Oh, S. Y., 2007, "Development of the Reducer with the Drywell Structure and the Motor RPM PID Control for a Water Treatment," J. of Korean Soc. of Mechanical Technology, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 31-37.
- Lightnin Mixers Korea, 1986, "Mixer Mounting Design Loads for Fixed Mount, Closed Tank Applications," Lightnin Sales Data Book.
- Amirtharajah, A., Clark, M. M. and Trussell, R. R, 1991, "Mixing in Coagulation and Flocculation," American Water Works Association Research Foundation.
- Coble, R. A., Dickey, D. S., 1987, "Mixing Equipment Impeller Type - A Guide to Performance Evaluation," American Institute of Chemical Engineers Equipment Testing Procedures Committee.
- Hicks, R. W. and Dickey, D. S., 1976, "Applications Analysis for Turbine Agitators," Chemical Eng., pp. 72-76.
- Hong, J. P., 2001, "Mechanical Design," Books-Hill Co., pp. 516-530.
- John, A. S., 1977, "Introduction to Manufacturing Processes," NcGraw-Hill, New York.
- Robert, C. J. and Kurt, M. M., 2002, "Fundamentals of Machine Component Design, 3rd edition," WILEY, pp. 661-701.
- Flender, 2000, "Technical Handbook, 2nd Edition," Flender Co., pp. 108-134.
- SAE J1540, 2000, "Manual Transmission Efficiency and Parasitic Loss Measurement."
- MIL-G-17859D, 1993, "Gear Assembly, Propulsion (Naval shipboard use)."
- BISON, "Gear motor Efficiency," Bison Gear & Eng. Corp., 1-800-AT-BISON, p. 63.
- AGMA 6010-E88, 2009, "Standard for Spur, Helical, Herringbone, and Bevel Enclosed Drivers."