- Volume 35 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Radius-Measuring Algorithm for Small Tubes Based on Machine Vision using Fuzzy Searching Method
퍼지탐색을 이용한 머신비전 기반의 소형 튜브 내경측정 알고리즘
- Received : 2011.05.18
- Accepted : 2011.08.18
- Published : 2011.11.01
In this paper, a new tube-radius-measuring algorithm has been proposed for effectively measuring the radii of small tubes under severe noise conditions that can also perform well when metal scraps that make it difficult to measure the radius correctly are inside the tube hole. In the algorithm, we adopt a fuzzy searching method that searches for the center of the inner circle by using fuzzy parameters for distance and orientation from the initial search point. The proposed algorithm has been implemented and tested on both synthetic and real-world tube images, and the performance is compared to existing circle-detection algorithms, such as the Hough transform and RANSAC methods, to prove the accuracy and effectiveness of the algorithm. From this comparison, it is concluded that the proposed algorithm has excellent performance in terms of measurement accuracy and computation time.
Vehicle Brake Tube;Standard Deviation;Fuzzy Searching;Machine Vision;Radius Measurement
- Bowman, C. C., 1986, "Automated Visual Inspection," in Shape R.S. (ed.), Non-destructive Testing, Vol. 8.
- Chan, J. P. and Plamer, G. S., 1995. "Machine Vision - Applications in Industry," IEE Colloquium on Application of Machine Vision, pp. 1-6.
- Duda, R. O. and Hart, P. E., 1972, "Use of the Hough Transformation to Detect Lines and Curves in Pictures," Comm. ACM, Vol. 15, pp. 11-15. https://doi.org/10.1145/361237.361242
- Ballard, D.H., 1981, "Generalizing the Hough Transform to Detect Arbitrary Shapes," Pattern Recognition, Vol.13, No.2, pp.111-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-3203(81)90009-1
- Fischler, M. A. and Bolles, R. C., 1981, "Random Sample Consensus: A Paradigm for Model Fitting with Applications to Image Analysis and Automated Cartography," Comm. of the ACM 24, pp.381-395. https://doi.org/10.1145/358669.358692
- Lamiroy, B., Gaucher, O. and Fritz, L., 2007, "Robust Circle Detection," Ninth International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition. ICDAR 2007, pp.526-530.
- Kim, H. S. and Lee, B. R., 2006, "Real-Time Pipe Fault Detection System using Computer Vision," Int. Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing.7(1), pp.30-34.
- Zadeh, L. A., 1965, "Fuzzy sets," Information and Control, Vol. 8, pp.338-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-9958(65)90241-X
- Cho, H. S., Kim, H. S. and Lee, B. R., 2010, "Study on Vehicle Deceleration Control in School Zones by Taking Driver's Comfort into Account," Trans. Of the KSME(A) ,Vol.34,No.10, pp.1359-1366. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.10.1359
- Kim, H. S., Naranbaatar, E. and Lee, B. R., 2011, "A Noise-Robust Measuring Algorithm for Small Tubes Based on an Iterative Statistical Method, " Trans. Of the KSME(A), Vol.35, No.2, pp.100-107. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.2.175
- Mamdani, E.H. and Assilian, S., 1974, "A Case Study on the Application of Fuzzy Set Theory to Automatic Control," Proc. IFAC Stochastic Control Symp., Budapest.