- Volume 35 Issue 11
Electro-hydrostatic actuators(EHAs), which are usually composed of a direct motor-driven hydraulic pump and a cylinder, have been widely adopted as aircraft actuation systems because of their benefits in terms of improved efficiency, weight savings and the fact that they use a standalone power source. Since the recent trend in construction vehicles has been focus on energy savings in their hydraulic systems, EHAs are expected to be potential substitutes for conventional power transmission, since they are capable of energy recovery as well as highly efficient pump control. In this paper, the start and stop characteristics of EHAs were investigated through cracking pressure analysis of the pilot-operated check valve(PCV), which enables the cylinder to standstill against an external load with no holding effort from the hydraulic pump. A mathematical model that includes the load dynamics and the EHA's internal hydraulic circuit was derived for simulation with the MATLAB Simulink package. This model verified the PCV's opening and closing sequence, which in turn affects the EHA's start and stop characteristics.
EHA;Pilot Operated Check Valve;Cracking Pressure;Single-Rod Cylinder
- Park, S. H., 2009, "Characteristics of an Electro Hydrostatic Actuator and Application Fields," Journal of KFPS, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 2-10.
- Ahan, J. M., Choi, S. and Lee, Y. P., 2006, "Current Development of Electrohydrostatic Actuator(EHA) and Composition of the Actuator System," KSAS spring conference, pp. 909-912.
- Choi, Y. H., Lee Y. W., L, T. K. and J, H. Y., 2010, "A Study on the Flow Characteristic of the Oil Pump with the Motor," KSME fall conference, pp. 3134-3139.
- Frischemeier, S., 1997, "Electrohydrostatic Actuators for Aircraft Primary Flight Control - Types, Modelling and Evaluation," 5th Scandinavian International Conference on Fluid Power, SICFP '97
- Yoon, H. S., Ahan, K. K., Lee, B. L., Kang, J. M. and Kim, J. H., 2008, "A Study on Energy Saving of the Excavator Using Electro-Hydraulic Actuator," KSME Fall Conference, pp. 801-805.
- Kim, D. H., Hong, Y. S. and Kim, D. M., 2007, "Performance Analysis of an Electro- Hydrostatic Actuator," Trans. of KSAS, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 316-322. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2007.35.4.316
- Development and Application of Thermal hydraulic Simulation Model for Aircraft-EHA(Electro-Hydrostatic Actuator) vol.23, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9709/JKSS.2014.23.2.017
Supported by : 대진대학교