- Volume 35 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Injection Molding and Structure Analysis of Inline Skate Frames Using FEA
유한요소해석을 이용한 인라인스케이트 프레임의 사출성형해석 및 구조해석에 관한 연구
- Park, Chul-Woo (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Supercomputing Center)
- 박철우 (한국과학기술정보연구원, 슈퍼컴퓨팅센터)
- Received : 2011.04.12
- Accepted : 2011.08.24
- Published : 2011.11.01
Injection molding is the most commonly used process that uses plastic material. Today, the uses of plastic material are continuously increasing, and the range of application is also being extended by the development of novel materials. An inline skate consists of 4 components: the boot, frame, wheel and brake. Among these components, the frame is the most critical. The injection formability for a variety of injection materials for inline skate frames was studied. We also studied the injection formability of the product for various sizes of the runner and gate. In this study, injection molding analysis was performed using MOLDFLOW, and structural analysis was performed using ANSYS.
Inline Skate;Injection Molding;FEM Simulation;Structure Analysis;Moldflow;ANSYS
- Prabhu, N., Schultz, J. and Advani, S. G., 2001, "Role of Coupling Microscopic and Macroscopic Phenomena During the Semicrystalling Polymers," Vol. 41, No. 1871 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10884
- Kim, S.-Y., 2004, "Research on the New Concept of In-Line Skate Design," Hongik University Graduage Master degree, pp. 1-25
- Choi, Y. and Lee, Y., 1997, " The Effect of Discharge Condition on Mechanical Properties of Injection Moldings," Journal of Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 84-91
- Park, C.-W., 2008, " A study on the Injection Molding Process of the CASE of Drum type Washer using Moldflow," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 369-375
- Ahn, S. K., 2007, "Optimization of Warpage of ABS Injection Molding Part using Design of Experiments," Hanyang University Graduage Master degree
- Fujiyama, M. and Wakino, T., 1992, "Molecular Orientation in Injection-Molded Polypropylene Copolymers with Ethylene," Intern. Polymer Processing, Vol. 7, No. 159
- Choi, W.-S., Kang, S.-C., Shin, M.-J. and Park, G.-J., 1996, " Transformation of a Dynamic Load into an Equivalent Static Load and Shape Optimization of the Road Arm in Self-Propelled Howitzer," KSME, Vol. 20, No. 12, pp. 3767-3781
- Jung, Y. D., 2008, "Computer Aided Engineering Moldflow MPI 6.0-6.1," Intervision pub.
- Lyu, M. Y., Mo, J. H. and Chung, W. J., 2003, "Shrinkage in Injection Molded Part for Operational Conditional and Resins," Elastomer, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 295-302
- Shin, N. H., H. S. O, Kang, S. G., 2007, "The Optimization of Injection Modeling Process by CAE," Daegwang pub.
- Kim, S. C. and Jee, H. S., 2005, "Shape Design for a Inline-Skate Frame," International Journal of CAD/CAM, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 17-26