- Volume 35 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Structural Evaluation of the 300 Ton Goliath Crane
골리앗 크레인의 구조안정성 검증
- Shin, Sung-Hwan ;
- Kim, Jeong-Kyeong ;
- Song, Chul-Ki ;
- Kim, Bum-Keun ;
- Bae, Tae-Han ;
- Kim, Joong-Moon
- Received : 2011.04.19
- Accepted : 2011.08.29
- Published : 2011.11.01
Structural analysis and evaluation for the 300ton Goliath Crane were conducted with an FEM tool. The Golliath Crane has a 300 ton hoisting weight, a 110 m span and a 50 m lift. All loads such as the self weight, crane traveling load, trolley traveling load, wind load, and earthquake force, etc., that are indicat in the reference standards, were inputted as various severe conditions affecting the crane. The deformation and equivalent stress (von Mises stress) were evaluated for the crane structures.
Finite Element Analysis;Goliath Crane;Dead Load;Wind Load;Earthquake Load
- JIS B 8830, 2001, Calculation Cranes-Wind Load Assessment, Japanese Standards Association, pp.2-3.
- JIS B 8831, 2001, Cranes-Design Principles for Loads and Load Combinations, Japanese Standards Association, pp. 3-9.
- Kim, M.-S., Lee, J.-C., Jeong, S.-Y., Ahn, S.-H., Son, J.-W., Cho, K.-J., Song, C. K., Bae, T.-H. and Park, S. R., 2008, "Structure Evaluation for the Level Luffing Crane's Boom," KSME-A Vol. 32, No. 6 pp 526-532 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.6.526
- JIS B 8821, 2004, Calculation Standards for Steel Structures of Cranes, Japanese Standards Association, pp.2-14.
- Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency
- Forensic Engineering Study on Structure Stability Evaluation of Deep Cement Mixing Vessel using ADINA Software vol.38, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.11.1283