- Volume 3 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Suggestion of Load and Resistance Factored Design Value for PHC Bored Pile
PHC 매입말뚝의 하중저항 설계정수 제안
Park, Jong-Bae;Park, Yong-Boo;Lee, Bum-Sik;Kim, Sang-Yeon
- Received : 2012.06.21
- Accepted : 2012.07.17
- Published : 2012.07.30
The limit states design method is replacing the allowable stress design method worldwide, e.g. the design code of ISO and various construction codes of Korea are adopting the reliability based limit state method. This paper proposed LRFD design value which is one of limit states design method for the PHC bored pile used as building foundation. This paper analysed 81 load test results and the bearing design(Meyerhof method & SPT-CPT conversion method), and proposed LRFD value for each design reliability Index 2.33 and 3.0 for PHC bored pile. LRFD value of PHC bored pile represents 0.36~0.44 for Meyerhof method and 0.24~0.31 for SPT-CPT conversion method according to the deign reliability index.
PHC Pile;Bored Pile;Limit States Design Method;LRFD(Load and Resistance factored Design Method);Deign Reliability Index
- 국토해양부(2010), 도로교 설계기준 해설, 한국도로교통협회, pp. 838-848.
- 국토해양부, 한국건설교통기술평가원(2008), LRFD 기초구조 물 설계를 위한 저항계수 결정 연구, 한국건설기술연구원.
- 국토해양부(2009), 구조물 기초 설계기준 해설, 한국지반공학회, pp. 304-307.
- 박종배, 김상연, 이범식, 박용부, 임해식, 최경륜, 김동수, 김범주 (2011), 말뚝기초의 설계법 선진화 및 시공법 다양화, 한국토지주택공사 토지주택연구원, pp. 90-173.
- 박종배, 김정수, 정형식(2003), "SIP 공법의 지지력 특성에 관한 연구", 한국지반공학회 논문집, 19(1): 51-60.
- KBC (2009), 건축구조기준 및 해설(강구조편), 대한건축학회, pp. 28-30.
- AASHTO (2007), LRFD Bridge and Construction Specifications, AASHTO, Washington, D.C.
- Bustamante, M. and L. Gianeselli (1982), "Pile Bearing Capacity Prediction by Means of Static Penetrometer CPT.", Proc. of 2nd European Symposium on Penetration Testing, Amsterdam, pp. 493-500.
- Canadian Geotechnical Society (1992), Canadian Foundation Engineering Manual, 3rd Edition, Bi-Tech Publishers, Ltd., Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, 512.
- Goble, G. G. (1999), Geotechnical Related Development and Implementation of Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) Methods, NCHRP Program, Synthesis of Highway Practice 276, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.
- Eurocode 7 (1993), Geotechnical Design Forth and Final Draft, European Committee for Standardization, TC 250/SC7
- Meyerhof, G. G. (1976). "Bearing Capacity and Settlement of Pile Foundations", Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, ASCE, New York, NY, 102(GT3): 196-228.
- NCHRP Report 507 (2004), Load and Resistance Factor Design for Foundations, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.
- Ontario Highway Department (1991), Ontario Highway Bridge Design Code, Third Edition, Ministry of Transportation and Communication, Toronto, Ontario, 370.
- Robertson, P. K. and R. G. Campanella (1983), "SPT-CPT Correlations", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, ASCE, 109(11): 1449-1459. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1983)109:11(1449)
- Van Impe, W., E. E. DeBeer and E. Louisberg (1988), "Prediction of Single Pile Bearing Capacity in Granular Soils from CPT Results", Procedings of the 1st International Symposium on Penetration Testing, ISOPT-1, Specialty Session, Orlando, Fla, March 20-24, 1988. pp. 1-34.
- Withiam, J. L., E. P. Voytko, R. M. Barker, J. M. Duncan, B. C. Kelly, S. C. Musser and V. Elias (2001), Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) for Highway Bridge Substructures, Publication No FHWA HI-98-032, NHI Course No.13068, Federal Highway Administration, Washington D.C.
- Yoon, G. L. and M. W. O'Neill(1997), Resistance Factors for Single Driven Piles from Experiments, Transportation Research Record, 1569: 47-54. https://doi.org/10.3141/1569-06