- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Anti-islanding Detection of Photovoltaic Inverter Based on Negative Sequence Voltage Injection to Grid
역상분 전압 주입을 이용한 태양광 인버터의 단독 운전 검출
- Kim, Byeong-Heon (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Yong-Soon (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Sul, Seung-Ki (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Woo-Chull (P-Development Team, LG Uplus Corp.) ;
- Lee, Hyun-Young (PLASPO)
- Received : 2012.02.02
- Accepted : 2012.09.17
- Published : 2012.12.20
This paper presents an active anti-islanding detection method using negative sequence voltage injection to the grid through a three-phase photovoltaic inverters. Because islanding operation mode can cause a variety of problems, the islanding detection of grid-connected photovoltaic inverter is the mandatory feature. The islanding mode is detected by measuring the magnitude of negative sequence impedance calculated by the negative sequence voltage and current at the point of common coupling. Simulation and experimental test are performed to verify the effectiveness of the proposed method which can detect the islanding mode in the specified time. The test has been done in accordance with the condition on IEEE Std 929-2000.
Supported by : LG 유플러스
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Utility Interface of Photovoltaic (PV) Systems, IEEE Std 929-2000.
- R.Teodorescu, M.Liserre, and P.Rodriguez, "Islanding Detection," in Grid Converters for Photovoltaic and Wind Power Systems, Chichester, West Sussex:Wiley, 2011.
- H. M. Oh, S. W. Choi, T. H. Kim, G. P. Lee, and T. W. Lee, "Anti-islanding Method by Harmonic Injection for Utility Interactive Inverter with Critical Load," Transactions of Korean Institute Power Electronics, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp 315-321, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2012.17.4.315
- F.D.Mango, M.Liserre and A.D.Aquila, "Overview of Anti-Islanding Algorithms for PV Systems. Part II: Active Methods," in Proc. EPE-PEMC, Portoroz, Slovenia, pp. 1884.1889, Aug. 2006.
- D.Reigosa, F.Briz, C.Banco, P.Garcia and J.M.Guerrero, "Active Islanding Detection Using High Frequency Signal Injection," Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 2183-2190, 2011.
- G. Hernandez-Gonzalez, and R. Iravani, "Current Injection for Active Islanding Detection of Electronically-Interfaced Distributed Resources," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 21, No. 3, Jul. 2006.
- H. Karimi, A. Yazdani and R. Iravani, "Negative-Sequence Current Injection for Fast Islanding Detection of a Distributed Resources," IEEE Trans. Power Electron, Vol. 23, No. 1, Jan. 2008.
- S. J. Lee, J. K. Kang and S. K. Sul, "A new phase detecting method for power conversion systems considering distorted conditions in power system," in IEEE Industrial Application (IAS) Annual Meeting Conference Record, pp. 2167-2172, 1999.
- DIN-VDE, "Automatic Disconnection Device Betwen a Generator and the Low-Voltage Grid," DIN-VDE Std 0126-1-1, 2005.
- H. J. Shin and S. K. Sul, "LVRT Control Strategy of Grid-connected Wind Power System," Transactions of Korean Institute Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No 2, pp 182-190, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2011.16.2.182
- P.M.Anderson, "Symmetrical Components," in Analysis of Faulted Power Systems, Piscataway, NJ:IEEE Press, 1995.