- Volume 2 Issue 4
In recent times, multi-centralization and decentralization as well as large Capital area and suburbanization in the spatial structure of capital area. With rapid growth, urbanization and industrialization are unsystematic, and growth inequality between regions caused negative effects such as discordant centralization and decentralization, fluctuating land value, and gap between living conditions. Accordingly, this study analyzed urban spatial indexes by the self-governed body in the capital area such as Seoul, Incheon, and Gyeonggi province for the analysis of the regional inequality phenomenon. We examined the characteristics of temporal and spatial changes in urban spatial structure in the capital area by utilizing the distribution pattern and density of city indexes such as population, employment, etc, and then drew the commonality of those factors through factor analysis. We evaluated the drawn results through the city standard index by each city, conducted factor score analysis, and identified the interaction between each factor and Housing Purchase Price Composite Indices index, housing rent price index(Housing Jeonse Price Composite Indices), land price fluctuation rate, diffusion ratio of house, and financial independence.
- H. Kim, "Evaluation and Enforcement Measurements of Self-sufficiency of New Towns in SMA", Journal of Korea Planners Association, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 83-94, 2005.
- K. Nam, H. Kim, "A Study on Urban Structure and Sustainable Development", Korea Planners Association Conference, pp. 687-695, 2008.
- K. Park, "A study on the relation between the urban competitiveness and the growth of knowledge-based industries in Korea", SungShin Women's University, 2009.
- S. Park, C. Lee, "A Study about Interlationship of Urban Characteristics in Seoul Metropolitan Area and Commuting Rate to Seoul", Journal of Korea Planners Association, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 19-33, 2005.
- S. Park, J. Yoon, "Analysis of Regional Development Inequality in Metropolitan Area", Journal of Korea Research Institute for Local Administration, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 31-67, 2008.
- Seoul City Affair Development Research Institution, "A Study on Seoul Urban Spatial Characteristics by Index", Seoul City Affair Development Research Institution, 2009.
- H. Seong, J. Noh, J. Park, H. Kim, "A Study on Relationship between City Characteristics and Local Fiscal Capacity in the Seoul Metropolitan Region", Journal of Korean Society of Transportation , vol. 24, no. 7, pp.15-25, 2006.
- K. Ahn, "A Study on the Optimum Size of Self Contained New Town", Journal of Korea Planners Association, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 41-55, 1997.
- J. Lee, "A Study on the Characteristics of Disparity between Autonomous Districts in Seoul", KyungWon University, 2006.
- J. Lee, "Seoul Gangnambuk Local Catchup Strategy", Urban Problem, vol. 37, no. 6, pp.93-123, 2002.
- Y. Jang, "Measurement of the Changes in Urban Spatial Structure by the Urban Sprawl and the Compactness Growth", HanYang University, 2010.
- J. Chang, C. Lee, "A Study on the Change of Self-Containment Level of the Five New Towns in the Seoul Metropolitan Area", Journal of Korea Planners Association, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 43-56, 2006.
- B. Jun, M. Lee, S. Ok. "The Regional Classification of Spatial Characteristics by the growth and decline in Seoul Metropolitan", Journal of Korea Planners Association, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 153-164, 2008.
- Y. Jeun, "What determines the regional develpment gap?", The Hanyang journal of economic studies, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 53-74, 2009.
- H. Jeong, "Seoul Urban Regeneration Policies for Easing Regional Disparities", Urban Problems, vol. 40, no. 439, pp. 21-31, 2005.
- Y. Choi, H. Kim, "The Correlates between Regional Finance and Budget and Regional Growth Potential Employing 2SLS(Two Stage Least Squares) Model", Journal of Korea Planners Association, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 65-77, 2008.
- C. Ha, "A Study on Spatial Structure Analysis in a Conurbation Region Using Spatial Autocorrelation Technique", KyungSang University, 2005.
- B. Aten, A. Heston, "Regional output differences in international perpective, Spatial inequality and development", Oxford university press, 2005.
- D.L. Foley, "An approach to metropolitan spatial structure", in Exploration into urban structure, University of Pennsylvania Press, pp. 23, 1964.