- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Hull Form Development and Resistance Performance of High Speed Aluminum Leisure Boat
30피트급 고속 알루미늄 레저보트 선형개발과 저항성능에 관한 연구
Jeong, Uh-Cheul;Kim, Do-Jung;Choi, Hong-Sik
- Received : 2012.08.21
- Accepted : 2012.12.11
- Published : 2012.12.31
A 30ft class aluminum leisure boat is newly developed and the resistance performances are investigated by a model test at a high-speed circulating water channel. The effect of a fin attached to the side of the hull is studied at two different displacements. Wave patterns are observed to make clear the relationship between the resistance performance and wave characteristics. It can be found that a chine position at the draft line can have a strong effect on the resistance performance around a certain velocity range.
Aluminum leisure boat;Hull form development;Resistance performance;Model test;Circulating water channel
- Clement, E.P., 2004. The Plum Hulls. Boat Builder, 88, 82-95.
- Jeong, U.C., Park, J.W., SJeong, S.H., 2004. Hull Form Development of a Small-Size High-Speed Coastal Leisure Boat. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 18(1), 80-84.
- Jeong, U.C., Park, J.W., Kim, K.S., 2008. Hull Form Development of 32-ft Class Leisure Boat by Statistical Analysis of Actual Ship. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 22(3), 58-63.
- Kihara, K., Ishii, T., 1986. A New Method of Initial Design for High Speed Craft(2). Transition of West Japan Society of Naval Architecture, 72, 293-300.
- Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, 2007. A Study on Hull Form Development and Construction of Aluminum Fishing boat
- Niwa, S. 2002. Engineering of High Speed Boat(Resistance and Propulsion). A Foundation of Ship and Ocean(in Japanese).
- Park, J.W., Jeong, U.C., Park, C.W., Kim, D.J., 2002. A Study on the Resistance Performance of 6.67 G/T Class Fishing Vessel in Low and Middle Speed Ranges. Proceedings of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Changwon Korea, 89-93.
- Study on Sea Trial Analysis of Wave Piercing High Speed Planing Boat vol.31, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2017.10.31.5.335
Grant : 신재생 해상 풍력 에너지 이용을 위한 레저선박용 다방향 집풍시스템 개발
Supported by : 국토해양부