- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
CFD Analysis of Underwater Standard Penetration Test Equipment
해저 표준관입시험 장비의 밀폐형 항타부 CFD 해석
- Received : 2012.05.02
- Accepted : 2012.12.11
- Published : 2012.12.31
In our study, a closed-type penetration unit for standard penetration test (SPT) equipment was developed in order to operate in an underwater environment. This type causes energy dissipation, mainly due to the small gap between an airtight case and moving hammer. The dissipation was estimated through a CFD analysis. The computed dissipated energy was less than 1.2% compared to the potential energy of the hammer with the given gap. Subsequently, the impact energy of the underwater SPT equipment was within 1.2% of that for the SPT equipment on land.
Offshore geotechnical investigations;SPT(Standard Penetration Test) equipment;Closed penetration part;CFD analysis
- Anderson, J.D. 1995. Computational Fluid Dynamics: The Basics With Applications, McGraw-Hill Science.
- ANSYS, inc., 2010a. ANSYS FLUENT User's guide.
- ANSYS, inc., 2010b. ANSYS FLUENT UDF Manual.
- Cho, S.M., 2007. Technical Trend of Offshore Geotechnical Site Investigations. 2007 Fall Korean Geotechnical Society Geotechnical Engineering Confernce,639-653
- Freudenthal, T., and Wefer, G., 2006. "The Sea-floor Drill Ring "MeBo": Robotic Retrieval of Marine Sediment Cores, PAGES News, 14(1), 10.
- Huang, Y-D, Gao, W., and Kim, C-N., 2010. A numerical study of the train-induced unsteady airflow in a subway tunnel with natural ventilation ducts using the dynamic layering method, Journal of hydrodynamics, Ser. B, 22(2), 164-172. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-6058(09)60042-1
- Jang, I.S, Kwon, O.S., Chung, C.K., 2007. Development of Unmanned Seabed type Marine Cone Penetration Testing System. 2007 Fall Korean Geotechnical Society Geotechnical Engineering Confernce, 611-622
- Kim, W.T., Jang, I.S., Kwon, O.S., Lee, B., Hwang, I.C., 2011a. Development of unmanned underwater SPT(Standard Penetration Test) equipment. 2011 Fall Korean Geotechnical Society Geotechnical Engineering Confernce, 305-311.
- Kim, W.T., Jang, I.S., Lee, B., Hwang, I.C., 2011b. Development of unmanned underwater site investigation equipment, Proceedings on 2011 Korean Association of Ocean Science and Technology Conference, 2013-2016.
- Korea Highway Corporation., 2002. Normalizations of the Standard Penetration Test. 2002 KHC Research Report, 212.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(MLTM), 2007. Development of marine cone penetration testing system(VI). MLTM, 260.
Supported by : 국토해양부