- Volume 8 Issue 4
For a library to be able provide information services and fulfill its function as a knowledge convergence center capable of responding to various information demands, the development of next-generation information systems based on the latest information and communication technology is needed. The development of mobile information services using portable devices such smart phones and tablet PCs and information systems which incorporate the concepts of cloud computing, SaaS (Software as a Service), annotation and Library2.0 is also required. This paper describes a library information system that utilizes collective intelligence and cloud computing. The information system developed for this study adopts the SaaS-based cloud computing service concept to cope with the shift in the mobile service paradigm in libraries and the explosion of electronic data. The strengths of such a conceptual model include the sharing of resources, support of multi-tenants, and the configuration and support of metadata. The user services are provided in the form of software on-demand. To test the performance of the developed system, the efficiency analysis and TTA certification test were conducted. The results of performance tests, It is encouraging that, at least up to 100MB, the job time is approximately linear and with only a moderate overhead of less than one second. The system also passed the level-3 or higher criteria in the certification test, which includes the SaaS maturity, performance and application program functions.
Collective Intelligence;Cloud Computing;Smart Library Information System;SaaS;Metadata
- H.S. Shin, "Understanding MS Cloud Computing and the Edger Service Platform", ZDNet Korea, 2008(12).
- Y.M. Kim, "The Web-Based SaaS Platform", 2008. 12. 17,http://www.software.or.kr/ICSfile/afieldfile/2008/12/18/5.pdf
- Digital Times, "SaaS and the Future of Software", 2006. 05. 04.
- S.H. Han, Study of Thesaurus Updating Using Collective Intelligence, Journal of the Korea Society for Information Management, vol. 26, no. 4, 2009(9), pp.25-43. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2009.26.3.025
- S.J. Kwak, "Study of the National Library Operation Plan", The National Library of Korea, 2011(3).
- B.H. Yang, Web 2.0-Based Library information service, Information Management Studies, vol.39, no.1, 2008, pp.199-220. https://doi.org/10.1633/JIM.2008.39.1.199
- Sasan Adibi, "Data Mining - A Captured Wired Traffic Approach", IJAST volume 21, August 2010, pp.11-30.
- Ploypailin Intapong, Sittapong Settapat, Boonserm Kaewkamnerdpong and Tiranee Achalakul, "Modular Web-Based Collaboration Platform", IJAST volume 22, September 2010, pp.37-48.
- Dinesh C. S. Bisht, Ashok Jangid, "Discharge Modelling using Adaptive Neuro - Fuzzy Inference System", IJAST Volume 31, June 2011, pp.99-114.
- B.W. Min and Y.S. Oh, Design of the SaaS Platform- Based Integrated Digital Library System, Proceedings of the Korea Contents Association 2010 Spring Symposium, 2010, pp.447-449.
- B.W. Min, H.Y. Oh, and Y.S. Oh, Improvement of the SaaS-Based Digital Library Integrated Management Service System, Proceedings of the KOCON 2011 Spring Integrated International Digital Design Exhibition, 2011, pp.3-4.
- B.W. Min and Y.S. Oh, Implement of Integrated Management System for Digital Library Supporting Multitenent Environment Based on SaaS, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, pp.93-103, 2011, vol. 11, no. 5.
- H.Y. Oh, B.W. Min and Y.S. Oh, "User Customized Web Interface Design optimized for SaaS-based Digital Library System", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 11, no. 5, 2011, pp.148-156. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.5.148