- Volume 38 Issue 6
Objectives: The purpose of this experiment is to understand the phosphorus removal ratio effects of iron plates per unit of surface area through the iron electrolysis system, which consists of an anoxic basin, aerobic basin, and iron precipitation apparatus. Methods: Iron electrolysis, which uses an iron precipitation reactor in anoxic and oxic basins, consisted of iron plates with total areas of 400
FNR process;phosphorus;iron electrolysis;surface area of iron plate;iron
- Wilderer PA, Arnz P, Arnold E. Application of biofilms and biofilm support ma-terials as a temporary sink and source. Water Air Soil Pollut. 2000; 123(1-4): 147-1580. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1005237617334
- Lee DS, Jeon CO, Park JM. Biolobical nitrogen removal with enhanced pho-sphate uptake in a sequencing batch reactor using single sludge system. Wat. Res. 2001; 35(16): 3968-3976. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(01)00132-4
- Kim YG, Kim IB. The nitrogen and phosphorus removal UNR process using sludge carbon source. Korean J. Environ Health. 2002; 28(1): 93-98.
- Joo Hyun Sim, Se Han Kang, Hyung Joon Seo, Su Sung Song. A study on the optimum operating conditions and effects of wastewater characteristics in electrochemical nitrogen removal process. J KSSE. 2009; 31: 29-35.
- Kim JS, Park SC. The removal of copper by granular iron bipolar packed bed cell. J KSSE. 2004; 26(11): 1267-1271.
- Sahset Irdemez, Nuhi Demircioglu, Yalc n Sevki Y ld z, Zuleyha Bingul, The effects of current density and phosphate concentration on phosphate removal from wastewater by electro coagulation using aluminum and iron plate electrodes. Separation and Purication Technology. 2006; 52: 218-223. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2006.04.008
- Choi ES., Lee HS, Park MG, Chang YS. Selection of nutrient removal process for low strength municipal wastewater, Proc. 5th IAWQ Asia Conference on Water Quality and Pollution Control; 1995. p. 382-397.
- Cheong JH, Heo YR, Jeong Dae, Eui Sin Lee, Myung Gyun Park, Nitrogen and Phosphorus removal in long term pilot operation using sibmerged hollow fiber membrane and ferric chloride. J KSSE. 2005; 27(11): 1168-1173.
- APHA, AWWA and WPCF: Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 16th ed., Washington D.C., USA; 1985. p.92-100.
- Cho IH, Zoh KD, An SW, Chang SW, Kim YG. Characterization of phosphorus removal in wastewater using iron precipitation reactor. J Environmental Health Science. 2006; 32(1): 89-95. https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.983
- James BR, Rabenhorst MC, Frogen GA. Phosphorus sorption by peat and sand amended with iron oxiders or steel wool. Water Environment Research. 1967; 64(5): 699-705.
- Gangol N, Thodos G. Phosphate adsorption studies. Water Environment Research. 1973; 45(5): 842- 849.
- Kavanaugh MC, Krejci V, Weber T, Eugster J, Roberts PV. Phosphorus removal by post-precipitation with Fe(III). Water Environment Research. 1978; 50: 216-233.
- Groterud O, Smoczynski L, Phosphorus removal from water by means of electrolysis. Water Research. 1986; 20(5): 667-669. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(86)90032-1
- Bard, AJ, Encyclopedia of electrochemistry of the elements. Vol. IX, part A, Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York: Basel; 1982. p.230-360.