- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Fast Distributed Video Decoding Using BER model for Applications with Motion Information Feedback
움직임 정보 피드백이 가능한 응용을 위한 BER모델을 이용한 고속 분산 비디오 복호화 기법
- Received : 2012.09.17
- Accepted : 2012.11.07
- Published : 2012.12.28
DVC (Distributed Video Coding) techniques need feedback channel for parity bit control to achieve the good RD performances, however, this causes the DVC system to have high decoding latency. In order to implement in real time environments and to accelerate commercializations, many research works have been focusing on the development of fast video decoding algorithm. As one of the real time implementations, this paper deals with a novel DVC scheme suitable for some application areas where source statistics such as motion information can be provided to the encoder side from the decoder side. That is, this paper propose a fast distributed video decoding scheme to improve the decoding speed by using the feedback of motion information derived in SI generation. Through computer simulations, it is shown that the proposed method outperforms the conventional fast DVC decoding schemes.
Fast DVC;Motion Information Feedback;fast Fecoding;BER Model
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R. Puri and K. Ramchandran, "PRISM: A New Robust Video Coding Architecture Based on Distributed Compression Principles," 40th Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, pp.1-10, Allerton, USA, October 2002.
- A. Aaron, R. Zhang, and B. Girod, "Wyner-Ziv Coding of Motion Video," Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, pp.240-244, Pacific Grove, CA, USA, November 2002.
- F. Pereira, C. Brites, J. Ascenso, and M. Tagliasacchi, "Wyner-Ziv video coding: A review of the early architectures and further developments," IEEE Intl. Conf. on Multimedia and Expo, pp.625-628, Hannover, Germany, June 2008.
- J. S. Kim, J. G. Kim, and K. D. Seo, "A Selective Block Encoding Scheme Based on Motion Information Feedback in Distributed Video Coding," IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol.E94-B, No.3, pp.860-862, 2011(3).
- R. Y. Shao, S. Lin, and M. P. C. Fossorier, "Two simple stopping criteria for turbo decoding," IEEE Trans. Comm, Vol.47, pp.1117-1120, 1999(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/26.780444
- 오량근, 심혁재, 전병우, "적응적 경판정 출력을 이용한 고속 분산 비디오 복호화 기술", 대한전자공학회논문지, 제47권, SP편, 제6호, pp.66-74, 2010(11).
- M. J. Kim and J. S. Kim, "Fast Decoding Method of Distributed Video Based on Modeling of Parity Bit Requests," To be published at Journal of KIICE, Vol.16, No.11, No.11, 2012(11). https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.11.2465
- 김만재, 김진수, "LDPCA 프레임간 상관성을 이용한 고속 분산 비디오 복호화 기법의 성능 비교", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제4호, pp.31-39, 2012(4). https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.04.031
- M. J. Kim and J. S. Kim, "Effects of LDPCA Frame Size for Parity Bit Estimation Methods in Fast Distributed Video Decoding Scheme," Journal of KIICE, Vol.16, No.8, pp.1675-1685. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.8.1675