- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Identifying the Main Price Ranges of Online Product Category
온라인 상품 카테고리 내 주요 가격대 식별
- Received : 2012.09.13
- Accepted : 2012.11.12
- Published : 2012.12.28
In recent, many consumers visit the online shopping malls or price comparison sites to collect the information on the product category that they are interested in. However, the volumes of the data provided by such web sites are often too enormous, and significant number of consumers have trouble in making purchase decision based on the plethora of products and sellers. In this context, modern online shopping agents need to process the retrieved information in more intelligent way before providing them to the users. This paper proposes a novel approach for identifying the main price ranges hidden in a single product category. To this end, the price of an item in the category is represented as a row vector and k-means clustering analysis is applied to the price vectors to produce the clusters that consists of the product items with similar price vectors. Then, the main price ranges of the product category can be identified from the result of clustering analysis. In general, the price is one of the most important factors in the consumers' purchase decision, and the identified main price ranges will be helpful for the online shoppers to find appropriate items effectively.
Online Shopping;Price Range;Shopping Agent;Product Category;Clustering Analysis
Supported by : 동아대학교
- M. T. Baye, J. Morgan, and P. Scholten, "Price Dispersion in the Small and in the Large: Evidence from an Internet Price Comparison Site," The Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol.52, No.4, pp.463-496, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0022-1821.2004.00236.x
- M. R. Baye, J. Morgan, and P. Scholten, "Temporal Price Dispersion: Evidence from an Online Consumer Electronics Market," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol.18, No.4, pp.101-115, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.20016
- R. Garfinkel, R. Gopal, B. Pathak, and F. Yin, "Shopbot2.0: Integrating Recommendation and Promotions with Comparison Shopping," Decision Support Systems, Vol.46, No.1, pp.61-69, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2008.05.006
- R. Garfinkel, R. Gopal, A. Tripathi, and F. Yin, "Design of a Shopbot and Recommender System for Bundle Purchases," Decision Support Systems, Vol.42, No.3, pp.1974-1986, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2006.05.005
- M. Haynes and S. Thompson, "Price, Price Dispersion and Number of Sellers at a Low Entry Cost Shopbot," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol.26, No.2, pp.459-472, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijindorg.2007.02.003
- S. Y. Hong, J. W. Kim, and Y. H. Hwang, "Fuzzy-Semantic Information Management System for Dispersed Web Information," Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol.52, No.1, pp.96-105, 2011.
- G. G. Lim, J. Y. Kang, J. K. Lee, and D. C. Lee, "Rule-based Personalized Comparison Shopping Including Delivery Cost," Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.10, No.6, pp.637-649, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2011.07.002
- M. Limayem, M. Khalifa, and A. Frini, "What Makes Consumers Buy from Internet? A Longitudinal Study of Online Shopping," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol.30, No.4, pp.421-432, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/3468.852436
- B. Pathak, "A Survey of the Comparison Shopping Agent-based Decision Support Systems," Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, Vol.11, No.3, pp.178-192, 2010.
- P. N. Tan, M. Steinbach, and V. Kumar, Introduction to Data Mining, Addison Wesley, 2005.
- F. Vachon, "Can Online Aids Support Non-cognitive Web Shopping Approaches?," International Journal of Business and Management, Vol.6, No.10, pp.16-27, 2011.
- 강대기, 이제선, 함호상, "웹 상의 온라인 비교 쇼핑을 위한 상품 정보 자동 색인 및 검색 시스템의 설계 및 구현에 대한 연구," 한국CALS/EC학회지, 제3권, 제2호, pp.57-71, 1998.
- 김경희, "인터넷 쇼핑가치, 점포이미지와 고객만족 및 재방문의도 - 구매제품유형별 비교," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제8권, 제3호, p.173-181, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.3.173