- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Evaluating the Items Derived from Technology Foresight
기술예측결과로 도출된 아이템의 재평가 방법
- Received : 2012.10.11
- Accepted : 2012.11.14
- Published : 2012.12.28
Many organizations release future emerging technologies information because it is very important to companies. However, unfortunately there are few organizations who assess the emerging technologies they thought a few years ago. We made a framework for assessing the brightness of future emerging technologies rapidly and cost-effectively. We came up with 2 new concepts for it. One is product potential and the other is consumption potential. Product potential is relative probability that emerging technology is implemented to real products. It is resulted from analyzing patents related with emerging technology. Consumption potential is relative probability that consumers buy the products. The number of appearances of emerging technology in the mass media is related to consumption potential. We compared the brightness between LED and LCD technologies with proposed evaluating framework, and came to know that LCD has more brightness over LED.
Future Emerging Technology;Product Potential;Consumption Potential
- 유성열, "중장기 기술예측을 위한 시뮬레이션 기반 방법론", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.10, No.1, pp.372-380, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.1.372
- 정의섭, "과학계량학적 정보분석을 통한 건설교통분야의 유망연구영역도출", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.8, No.2, pp.231-238, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.2.231
- 교육과학기술부, 국가중점기술에 대한 기술수준 평가, 2011(3).
- 강희종, 특허분석을 통한 유망융합기술의 예측, 기술혁신학회, 2007.
- 이홍재, 통신서비스 수요예측 방법론, 정보통신정책연구원, 2000.
- 한유진, 유망기술 도출 방법론 개발, 한국과학기술정보연구원 위탁연구 보고서, 2007.
- D. Austin, "An Event Study Approach to Measuring Innovative Output: The Case of Biotechnology," American Economic Review, Vol.83, pp.253-258, 1993.
- D. Harhoff, F. Narin, F. M. Scherer, and K. Vopel, "Citation Frequency and the Value of Patented Inventions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol.81, No.3, pp.511-515, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1162/003465399558265
- F. M. Scherer, "Firm Size, Market Structure, Opportunity, and the Output of Patented Innovations," American Economic Review, Vol.55, pp.1097-1123, 1965.
- F. Narin, Tech-Line Background paper, CHI research, Inc, 1999.
- H. Brody, "Great Expectations:why Predictions Go Away," J. of Consumer Marketing, Vol.10, pp.23-27, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000002600
- H. Shane, "Patent Citations as an Indicator of the Value of Intangible Assets in the Semiconductor Industry," Photocopy, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1993.
- J. Bessen, "The Value of U.S. Patents by Owner and Patent Characteristics," Boston Univ. School of Law Working Paper, No.6-46, 2006a.
- J. P. Martino, "A review of selected recent advances in technological forecasting," TFSC, pp.719-733, 2003.
- J. Schmookler, Invention and Economic Growth. Cambridge, Harvard University Pub, 1966.
- L. Georghiou, Evaluating Foresight and Lessons for Its Future Impact, The Second International Conference on Technology Foresight, Tokoyo, 2003.
- M. Bengisu etc, "Forecasting Emerging Technologies with the aid of Science and Technology Databases," TFSC, pp.835-844, 2006.
- M. Bengisu, "Critical and Emerging Technologies in Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering: A study for priority setting," Scientometrics, pp.473-487, 2003.
- M. Kochupillai and M. A. Smith, "Patent Valuation with Consideration for Emerging Technologies," J. of Intellectual Property Rights, Vol.12, pp.154-164, 2007.
- P. Destatte, Evaluation of Foresight:how to take long term impacts into consideration?, FOR-LEARN Mutual Learning Workshop-Evaluation of Foresight, Brussels, 2007.
- R. Barrell, G. Mason, and M. O'Mahoney, Productivity, Innovation and Economic Performance, Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- S. Heini, "Recognizing Value Creation Potential: A bibliometric study of successful and unsuccessful technology," IEEE, 2008.
- S. S. Li, M. H. Kang, and L. C. Lee, Developing the Evaluation Framework of Technology Foresight Program: Lesson Learned from European Countries, Atlanta Conference on Science and Innovation Policy, 2009.