- Volume 7 Issue 1
This paper presents a distributed winding type axial flux permanent magnet synchronous generator (AFPMSG) with reduced the total harmonic distortion (THD), suitable for wind turbine generation systems. Although the THD of the proposed distributed winding type is more reduced than the concentrated winding type, the unbalance of the phase back EMF occurs. To improve the unbalance of the phase back EMF and the output power of the distributed winding type AFPMSG, the Kriging based on the latin hypercube sampling (LHS) is utilized. Finally, these optimization results are confirmed by experimental results. As a result, the unbalance of the phase back EMF and the output power of the distributed winding type AFPMSG were improved while maintaining the total harmonic distortion (THD) and the average phase back EMF.
Axial flux permanent magnet synchronous generator;Optimal design;Kriging model
- Ayman M. EL-Refaie, "Fractional-Slot Concentrated-Windings Synchronous Permanent Magnet Machines: Opportunities and Challenges", IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 107-121, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2030211
- Katsumi Yamazaki, Yu Fukushima, and Makoto Sato, "Loss Analysis of Permanent-Magnet Motors With Concentrated Windings—Variation of Magnet Eddy-Current Loss Due to Stator and Rotor Shapes", IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 1334-1342, July/Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2023393
- T. F. Chan, and L. L. Lai, "An Axial-Flux Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Generator for a Direct-Coupled Wind-Turbine System", IEEE Trans.on Magn., Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 86-94, Mar. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2006.889546
- T. F. Chan, L. L. Lai and S. Xie, "Field Computation for an Axial Flux Permanent-magnet Synchronous Generator," IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 24, No. 1, Mar. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2008.2011830
- G. Dajaku, and D. Gerling, "Magnetic Radial Force Density of the PM Machine with 12-teeth/10-poles Winding Topology", Electric Machine and Drives Conference, pp. 1715-1720, May 2009.
- Asko Parviainen, Markku Niemela, and Juha Pyrhonen, "Modeling of Axial Flux Permanent-Magnet Machines", IEEE Trans. on Industry, Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 1333-1340, Sep./Oct. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.834086
- L. Lebensztajn, C. A. R. Marretto, M. C. Costa and J. L. Coulomb, "Kriging: A Useful Tool for Electromagnetic Device Optimization," IEEE Trans.on Magn., Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 1196-1199, Mar. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2004.824542
- A new axial flux permanent magnet synchronous alternator autonomously adapted to wind speeds vol.69, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.1.69
- PHLIS-Based Characteristics Analysis of a 2 MW Class Tidal Current Power Generation System vol.31, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.1.69
- Induced Current-Based Performance Measurement System for Wide and Stacked HTS Wires vol.25, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.1.69
- Optimal Design of a MW Class SCSG for a Tidal Current Power Generation System vol.10, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.1.69
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Hanyang University