- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Considerations on the Long-term Reliability of On-line Partial Discharge Ceramic Sensor for Thermal Power Generators and its Demonstration in the Field
- Sun, Jong-Ho (Industry Applications Research Division, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI)) ;
- Youn, Young-Woo (Industry Applications Research Division, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI)) ;
- Hwang, Don-Ha (Industry Applications Research Division, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI)) ;
- Kang, Dong-Sik (Industry Applications Research Division, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI))
- Received : 2010.11.04
- Accepted : 2011.08.20
- Published : 2012.01.01
The present study describes the considerations on the long-term reliability of the on-line partial discharge (PD) ceramic sensor for thermal power generators. Voltage acceleration aging tests were carried out under continuous and impulsive thermal aging at more than
Supported by : KETEP
- H. G. Sedding, et al., "A New sensor for Detecting Partial Discharge in Operating Turbine Generators," IEEE/PES 1991 Winter Meeting, Feb. 3-7, 1991.
- J. P. Zondervan, et al., "Fundamental Aspects of PD Patterns of On-line Measurements on Turbo generators," IEEE Trans. On DEI, vol.7, no.1, Feb. 2000.
- G. C. Stone, E. A. Boulter, I. Culbert, and H. Dhirrani, "Electrical Insulation for Rotating Machines," IEEE Press, Wiley, pp.86-102, 2004.
- J. Y. Jeong, et al., "Assessment of 23kV Capacitive Coupler for On-line Partial Discharge Measurements," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol.4, no.1, pp.123-130, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2009.4.1.123
- Dong-Sik Kang, et al., "Characteristics of Ceramic Coupler for On-line Partial Discharge Measurements in High Voltage Rotating Machines," Trans. KIEE, vol.51C, no.5, pp.205-212, May. 2009.
- J. Y. Jeong, et al., "Electrical Life Time Constant Estimation of Ceramic Element for Sensor," Trans. KIEE, vol.58, no.10, Oct. 2009.
- M. Honda et al., "V-T Characteristics of Epoxy Mold Insulation for Sustained AC Voltage," IEEE Trns. Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-103, no. 5, May. 1984.
- Shigemitsu Okabe et al., "Common Insulating Properties in Insulating Materials," IEEE Trns. Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol.13, no.1 Feb. 2006.
- Volker Homburg et al., "Basic Investigation of a Macroscopic Interface between Two Solid Dielectrics," in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Electrical Insulation, Pittsburgh, PA USA, June. 1994.
- KSC IEC 60060-1, "High Voltage test technique," 2001.
- H. Yoshida and K. Umemoto, "Insulation Diagnosis for Rotating Machine Insulation," IEEE Trns. EI, vol.21, no.6, Dec. 1986.
- Minoru Ezoe et al., "Effects of Interfacial Phenomena on Dielectric Breakdown of Filled Epoxy Resin," in Proceedings of High Voltage Engineering Symposium, no. 467, Aug. 1999.